Brewer Fanatic

Lenten Sacrifices

homer
Ok, so since we have the rule on no religion/politics and this thread certainly begs this into question, let's please keep replies limited to things you're giving up instead of views on religion/catholocism. I'm assuming this thread is meant in fun, and not to provoke that kind of conversation (which by the way is freely allowed at our "sister" forum for politics/religion). We hid a few replies that sort of crossed that line.... No strikes or anything issued, just try and be careful that way tho.

Thanks,

Brian

hope i dont sound too stupid, but what site is that?

btw isnt there a rule that whatever you give up you can still eat it/do it on sundays?thats the way my parents told me.

btw isnt there a rule that whatever you give up you can still eat it/do it on sundays?thats the way my parents told me.

That is correct (which I also didn't know until a year or 2 ago.

Sundays are considered "Feast days", because technically it's 45 days from Ash Wednesday to Easter, so you have the 40 days of Lent plus 5 Sundays, which aren't included, thus the Lenten "rules" don't apply.

Sundays are considered "Feast days", because technically it's 45 days from Ash Wednesday to Easter, so you have the 40 days of Lent plus 5 Sundays, which aren't included, thus the Lenten "rules" don't apply.

Really? I never knew this. Still, i'm gonna try to hold out and not eat it on sundays, but it's good to know that if i get weak, i have a day i can give in on.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Theoretically, isn't Lent this year 46 days because of the Leap Day?

I haven't given anything up this year. I haven't had much luck in the past. But I do observe the fast and abstinance rules. Avoiding meat on Friday's isn't a big deal, but Ash Wednesday was tough this year since we were in Disney World. We had a nice grilled fish lunch at one of the resorts for our one meal, but it was tough going the rest of the day without a meal. So many snacks and good things to eat around every corner. (Especially when my son is exempt and can eat whatever he wants)

I'm guessing that my wife decided to give up sex for lent...

Anyway, I am trying to give up fast food for lent. So far I have only had one slip. I know that I am overweight so this will hopefully have a 2 prong effect...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Archived