Brewer Fanatic

Windows XP question (help)

TooLiveBrew

Relatively simple - I want my desktop icons' text footers to be transparent relative to the background wallpaper.

This was one of those instances where I didn't apply any kind of changes, but the desktop sort of re-set on its own. I can access the "Properties" with a right-click on the desktop, and can change the color of the text footers, but I can't find an option that says 'transparent' or figure out how to change back to whatever default setting it had been on.

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can offer! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

(it's because I have a sweet pic of the LF bleachers area of Miller Park - pic is mainly of Bernie's chateau/house - as my wallpaper)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Here is how to do that.

Open The Control Panel

Click System Icon

Click the Advanced tab

Click Settings in the Performance section

Scrool down and check the "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" checkbox

Click OK

Press the winkey + Pause/break to bring up system properties.

Click the Advanced Tab.

Under performance, click settings.

Scroll to the bottom and make sure the 'Use drop shadows for icon labels on

the desktop' is checked.

Click Apply, Ok, Ok and your done.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Sweet! Thanks casey, and also to zachlaka & baldkin. Much appreciated, boys. Here's what fixed it for me (from the link casey provided):

To make background transparent behind the text under your desktop icons you must not have any web items on your desktop. Right click on your desktop, click "Properties", select the "Desktop" tab, at the bottom left of this tab click on "Customize Desktop", this will open a new window called "Desktop Items", in this new window select the "Web" tab and make sure that there are no items checked in the "Web pages:" frame.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived