Brewer Fanatic

US-Mexico 2/6

SeriesFinale

Mexico totally outplayed the US in the first half. It looked a lot like the final of the Gold Cup. Drew Moor got burned two times by not marking his man on free kicks. Bobby Convey is softer than double ply toilet paper and totally clueless on the field. Jozy Altidore may actually be the premier striker the United States has never had. Bradley did a lot for playing defense but not much for controlling the pace of the game. I don't think we should be too disappointed with the outcome seeing as we didn't have many chances. Dempsy's "offsides" still puzzles me.

Yeah, Moor looked bad but with Bornstein out, at least I assume it won't be a permanent problem at the position. I'm really excited for Altidore after tonight as well. I didn't think we'd miss the guys we were missing tonight, but I think we did (Beasley, Bornstein, etc)

Dempsy's offside was actually on the ball played to him, not on the shot, he was a smidge offsides. Why it took so long for the ref to call it, I have no idea.

Clark looked terrible, he kept getting sucked way too far forward and left too much space for Mexico to work. Onyewu played great, though.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived