Brewer Fanatic

Your favorite baseball videogame of all time?

Bballerfan1212

MLB 2K8 is coming out for the Wii. Finally a real baseball game on the Wii.

That's fantastic news. I've been waiting to hear something like this! If Wii get a baseball game, Wii'll buy one. Thank you Wii!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

"the original world series baseball on genesis...i hit over 100 hr's in a season with paul molitor in that game"

That was the game that had a glitch for high change ups. Right down the middle at the top of the zone its a strike and they would never swing. I remember throwing a perfect, perfect game with Bill Wegman on that game. 27 straight ks

Nothing new to add...all-time I would say Baseball Stars by a long, long shot. The Show still hasn't matched MVP '05, which I would say is second all-time.

I never actually owned Baseball Stars, but it was one of those "rent to own" deals where we rented it but didn't take it back for about 2 months. I was supposed to get it for my birthday, but my parents couldn't find it so they got me Super Mario 3...which I conquered in about a week and was once again pissed that I didn't have Baseball Stars.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how I can play Baseball Stars without having to buy an old Nintendo and somehow find the game?

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Wow, I thought there would be more MLB : The Show fans......You should definitely give it a second look.....This one is the first one with graphics made for the PS3....They look really sharp....and the features for hardcore baseball fans are really unrivaled for console games.... ( Hot and cold streak hitting......in game post game hitting and pitching analysis.... Plus a jukebox that lets you play your own music... No more listening to boring in game music for an entire season...

Wow, I thought there would be more MLB : The Show fans......You should definitely give it a second look.....This one is the first one with graphics made for the PS3....They look really sharp....and the features for hardcore baseball fans are really unrivaled for console games.... ( Hot and cold streak hitting......in game post game hitting and pitching analysis.... Plus a jukebox that lets you play your own music... No more listening to boring in game music for an entire season...

The Show was alright, but I just think the MVP '05 game was ahead of The Show '07 in several areas, which makes me wonder how good MVP could be right now if they continued making MLB games (I haven't tried the NCAA versions).

For me, it's not as much about graphics as it is about content. I don't think The Show puts as much thought into what interests baseball fans...well, at least this baseball fan. An average baseball game with superior graphics is still just an average baseball game to me.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Well, it's great that the Wii added MLB2K8. However...

Best Booth in the Business - 2K Sports proudly brings back the duo Jon Miller and Hall of Famer Joe Morgan to the broadcast booth, delivering the deepest commentary available.

NNNOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.....

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I also loved Baseball Stars, but there were no two teams that were equal. You had the dreams that blew everyone away, and then the Tokyo Robins who were a not so close second. The Ladies were decent, but the only thing they were good for was building up cash. The build yer own team aspect completely ruled, and the game play was good as well. There just wasn't many fair matchups in that game, IMO.

Also, and I'm sure you all know, but you could get a pitcher that had 75 or higher for rookie price, and turn him into a 90 max superstar. beacuse the popularity meter (i can't remember what it's called for the life of me) is featured in both the players batting, and pitching. Fill up everything in pitching first, then click over to their batting and fill that up. The max points will grow because your actually using the batting statistic points. That was the greatest video game secret I ever figured out about myself, as a 5th grade child.

I have to say I liked RBI Baseball for the NES first and Baseball Stars for the NES second. Honorable mentions: MLB for the NES (think RBI Baseball with every team and complete rosters), Baseball Stars for Neo Geo (incredibly fun arcade experience baseball game), World Series Baseball 2 on Sega Saturn and MLB 2K7 (Now if they could make the running a little better and the fielding a little smoother....) Rp

Archived