Brewer Fanatic

Rockies sign Podsednik to minor league deal worth up to 700K

zurch1818

I'll take Scotty Po's minor league salary. I could handle 13k a month!

Ohh and his wife.

Took the words out of my mouth. I would not be surprised if he made the team. After all Finley made it last year as a non roster invite for the Rockies.

I'll take Scotty Po's minor league salary. I could handle 13k a month!

Ohh and his wife.

Took the words out of my mouth. I would not be surprised if he made the team. After all Finley made it last year as a non roster invite for the Rockies.

I would be surprised, personally. Between Hawpe, Holliday, Spilborghs, & Taveras, that's 4 guys who likely are better than Scotty as of now. Plus they have Jeff Baker who can play some corner OF, and I'm sure at least one prospect that could give Scott a run for his money.

I'll grant that Taveras's game is much different from Po's, but with them being basically based on speed, I'll take the younger Taveras (plus, he's a solid defender iirc).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I would be surprised, personally. Between Hawpe, Holliday, Spilborghs, & Taveras, that's 4 guys who likely are better than Scotty as of now. Plus they have Jeff Baker who can play some corner OF, and I'm sure at least one prospect that could give Scott a run for his money.

I'll grant that Taveras's game is much different from Po's, but with them being basically based on speed, I'll take the younger Taveras (plus, he's a solid defender iirc).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Isn't it a bit funny that the guy has NO thump and he's played for teams that play in complete bandboxes. I think he's taken Greg Maddux's advice about chicks digging the long ball a bit too seriously. You cannot magnify something that isn't there.

Isn't it a bit funny that the guy has NO thump and he's played for teams that play in complete bandboxes. I think he's taken Greg Maddux's advice about chicks digging the long ball a bit too seriously. You cannot magnify something that isn't there.

naw, i don't think you can totally bash Podsednik anymore. with the Brewers he started strong and then just fell off, so the bashing was maybe more justified. but at this point the Rockies know exactly what they're getting and you're taking him for what he is.

naw, i don't think you can totally bash Podsednik anymore. with the Brewers he started strong and then just fell off, so the bashing was maybe more justified. but at this point the Rockies know exactly what they're getting and you're taking him for what he is.

Archived