Brewer Fanatic

Your franchise player?

ELCABALLO45
Well discounting contract, how can it not be the great Yankee Clipper? The gent single-handedly willed his team to the postseason. If not for Derek Jeter, he would probably be in the discussion with Babe Ruth for greatest player to ever play the game. (Jeter moved him off of shortstop, a premium defensive position where he had very good defense, much better than the once Wolverine who never was, to the hot corner). The question I ask, however, is which catcher would people rather have, Russell the Muscle or Joe Mauer? One has injury risks, position risks, and a lack of premium position power, while the other has no injury risks (he's Canadian. They have socialized medicine), was moved FROM 3B to C, has the most power at the position (though McCann could challenge), and has the most speed at his position, to boot (what is that aboot?). The only thing holding me back is...well McCann. One year does not make a career....unless it's Ryan Braun. As for the Brewer I would consider my franchise, I have to say YO!!! El Chupacabra!~

I would have to say Hanley. We will probably see him begin to "re-build" the Yankees franchise once their core gets too old or some similar task to that a few years down the road when the Marlins deal him away for prospects when they reach the dangerous payroll of over 40 million.

On the Brewers I think I would have to go with Gallardo. Of all the current players A-rod would probably be the correct buisness decision. The HR chase is going to bring in major dollars. Of all the Brewers players of all-time. Gotta go with Robin Yount. Of all players all-time the easy answer would be Babe Ruth, so I'll have to take Satchel Paige.

Hanley Ramirez. I would say A-Rod, but he is getting older. Not old but older. Hanley is still very young and only going to get better and better. He has such a rare combo of speed, power and hitting for average. Not to mention he plays a stellar defensive SS.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived