Brewer Fanatic

Your franchise player?

ELCABALLO45

A couple of years ago, I would have said Pujols. Last year, Braun put up similar numbers to that of Pujol's rookie year. If Braun continues at this pace....Braun wouldn't be that bad of a pick.

However, I gotta go with A Rod. That man is a beast.

Notables who missed the cut...

Reyes, Fielder, Yovani (Yovant's got that "it" factor), Matt Holliday, Johan Santana.

Considering the guy would have been NL MVP if he wouldn't have missed a month... AND considering the utter drop-off after him at his respective position, I am going to say Chase Utley. Otherwise, I would probably say Grady Sizemore. Both are young and do many things quite well. The thing about Pujols is that there isn't a big difference between him and the next best player at his position, and we all remember how the Mariners did the year after A-Rod left, and what a burden his price tag is on a team. There seems to be but two teams that can tread water with his price tag (BOS/NYY).

I'd take Mauer if I knew he was gonna hold up behind the plate. I take Hanley if I really believed he was a shortstop (I'd be surprised if he stayed there more than another year or two). I'd take Liriano or the freaky Seattle guy if not for the injuries. I'd take Utley if I wasn't convinced that Weeks had more talent. Hell, I'd take Honus Wagner if he wasn't dead. In short, I've got no idea--so whenever I'm in doubt I go with the most entertaining option: Gabe Kapler--"he's a winner, you know!"

Johnny Estrada

Seriously, I'd go with Joe Mauer. Catchers that can hit and play defense are at such a premium right now. Otherwise, David Wright would be a terrific cornerstone to build around. Terrific defender, young and consistent .300, 40 HR potential.

Oh God--I forgot Sizemore. He'd bring in the chicks! It's Sizemore (ironic name given his looks, hey?). Gotta be Sizemore. Yep, Sizemore. Then I'd clone him as a promotional give-away. It'd make that Veeck disco explosion look like a party at the old folks home.

Archived