Brewer Fanatic

Wisconsin Sportscasters Not Named Bob or Jim

Fike85
Steve "The Homer" True is insufferable to listen to. I understand being biased when calling a game, but has Marquette ever committed a foul or done anything wrong in this guy's eyes? He's part of the reason for my disdain for Marquette and I only tune in to root against them.

I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, but I think LePay is downright brutal and Lucas makes for an intolerable pair.

I do like Ted Davis though. The Bucks have had some good radio guys, Howard David was another one. I don't listen to Packers games too much on the radio, but Larrivee is a good announcer. He's done every major sport, and does both the college and pro games.

Ted Davis and Matt LePay are outstanding. Davis is funny and sarcastic, and does a great job on the road games by himself. I love LePay's excitement; I don't find it to be over the top at all. It seems genuine.

I love Homer's show, but I'm not sure it translates to play-by-play.

I like Larrivee, but I think Larry McCarren is great. He can tell you what was going on in the offensive line immediately after a play ends.

I'd have to agree on LePay's fake excitement level. He's Matt V without the inappropriate sitcom bits.

The whole point of broadcasting is to relay what is going on. Raising your voice is fine, yelling is not.

Vasgersian was outstanding in his time as the Brewers announcer, his messing with Schroeder was great entertainment. To this day, i still use his you gotta be dry shaving me line when bad things happen in Brewers games.

That said, Al not liking Matty V seems about as predictable as Chuckie Carr hacking on 2-0.

I have no big issues with any of the current local broadcasters, but i did watch a Timber Rattlers game and Bob Brainerd was calling the game, he's so flat out brutal that i had to turn the game off and i'm generally not someone who get bothered easily by an announcer.

Archived