Brewer Fanatic

Do you now dislike Boston more than New York?

RU Rah Rah

Which city is now more insufferable, in terms of its fans? I've been a lifelong Yankee hater (even when I actually knew a guy playing for them), but the recent streak of BoSox, Pats, and (of late) Celtics success has me really turned off by the Beantown faithful.

Or is this a case of "a pox on both your houses"?

I used to be a Yankee hater, but then I started hanging around Boston sports fans. I honestly believe that they have never seen a QB besides Brady play. Any time he makes a decently good pass they will act as if he's the only person on the face of the earth that could make such a throw. Furthermore, they believe that they are superior to you if their sports team is better than your sports team. It's irritating.

I think Boston passed New York for me this year. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Yankees, but aside from them I don't really hate any New York teams. I don't pay much attention to the NBA so I don't care about the Knicks, and I'm pretty indifferent toward the Jets and Giants (even though they're in New Jersey). I really hate both the Patriots and their fans. I hate Red Sox fans too, although I don't necessarily hate the team.

I dislike the Yankees too much to dislike the Red Sox, as they are the first line of defense so to speak in keeping the Yankees out of the playoffs. However, once the Yanks are out of it I usually root against the Red Sox, at least since 2004. I really wanted Cleveland to win it last year. As far as football goes. I have never really liked the Giants, but was always kind of "ehh" about them so they never bothered me. Hard to hate the Jets as bad as they have been for so long. My hatred for the Patriots has reached Yankee-esque proportions. I dont care enough about the NBA or NHL to waste my time wondering which teams I dislike more. Boston fans are as bad as New York fans, but somehow, when it comes to football they are really, really bad.

Boston will get whats coming to them. They can't stay on top for this long without one painful downfall sooner or later. Hopefully sooner. I hate that Boston accent as well. I pretty much like the entire east coast. I think for the most part midwesterners are just different from the east coast types. Sometimes I think that east coasters still think of us as hillbillies, but that is based on just a couple of people that I talk to on a half way consistent basis.

I really hate New York much more due mostly to it's horrible reactionary media (7 weeks ago, Eli's look was that of being "lost out there" and "emotionless", now he is "poised" and "in control" - while in reality nothing has changed) and fans. I guess I am starting to hate the NFL as a whole because of how reactionary it is - the Pats went from being the greatest team ever to a disappointment basically because Ellis Hobbs dropped a coverage at a really inopportune time.

But New Yorkers are the fans who wanted Andy Phillips to play instead of Giambi. Or think Aaron Small was good. I think Red Sox fans on the whole are a smarter lot.

"New Yorkers" the term is very misleading. There's a great divide between Yankees fans and Mets fans, Giants fans, Jets fans and Knicks fans.

Yankees fans are Mequon. Mets fans are West Allis.

I love New York fans, and find the whole Boston group very tiresome.

Boston fans are much more irritating than New York fans. I don't know what has been worse, listening them whine about the Curse of the Bambino or dealing with their bragging since they've won. It doesn't help matters that seemingly half the national sports media is from Boston.

In my opinion, only Cubs fans are worse.

"New Yorkers" the term is very misleading. There's a great divide between Yankees fans and Mets fans, Giants fans, Jets fans and Knicks fans.

Yankees fans are Mequon. Mets fans are West Allis.

I love New York fans, and find the whole Boston group very tiresome.

I semi-agree, but i wouldn't say i love New York fan, i just don't hate them nearly as much as Boston fans. The only two fans bases i hate are Boston and Chicago fans.

The only problem i have with hating all teams Boston is i loathe the Red Sox, but am i big fan of Manny and Ortiz. I take great pleasure in seeing the Red Sox lose to the Yankees given their intense rivalry, but can't help but be entertained by Manny and his antics.

Previously... now... and forevermore, I loathe the Red Sox & their fans.

But New Yorkers are the fans who wanted Andy Phillips to play instead of Giambi. Or think Aaron Small was good. I think Red Sox fans on the whole are a smarter lot.

C'mon man. Are you seriously suggesting that you can supply more than just what you've encountered on talk radio, or from a small handful of encounters/people for this?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I used to be a Yankee hater, but then I started hanging around Boston sports fans. I honestly believe that they have never seen a QB besides Brady play. Any time he makes a decently good pass they will act as if he's the only person on the face of the earth that could make such a throw. Furthermore, they believe that they are superior to you if their sports team is better than your sports team. It's irritating.

Wow, this sounds just like Packer fans talking about Favre.

I went from cheering Boston in 2004 to hating all of their sports teams. They act like total pricks now that they won the WS. I loathe the day Cubs fans get to put that chip on their shoulder.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

What's ironic to me is that, after complaining for decades about the arrogance of New York fans, Boston fans themselves have been every bit as arrogant, if not more so.

I have to think about the totality of NY fans. I went to college in NJ, and my roommates were all either serious Giants or serious Jets fans. I don't remember thinking that they were all that bad, even when the Giants were winning the Super Bowl (in 1987). And I don't think the Mets fans were too over the top back in 1986 (although I do remember being kept awake by strains of "We Are the Champions" being blasted into the quad). Yankee fans, though, have been and always shall be insufferable -- there's no doubt about that.

Archived