Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to And That (more so to his tonsils acting up), we had access today to a front row ticket in section 117. I sat there for the first five innings and then switched places with the S.O. The novelty of the seat location helped balance out the fact that I saw exactly one Brewers hit in five innings (that being the pitcher's) and the S.O. got to catch the Gary Bennett Showcase of Offense.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

We're only 3 games under .500, even though it feels like we are at least 10 games under.

San Diego, Cleveland, and Washington have lower team batting averages than we do.

We've had the second most save opportunities in the Majors which means we have late leads! (We've blown 9 of them . . . http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif)

Of all the players with official at bats, only three don't have base hits.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

At least Dusty Baker isn't managing the Brewers. Dunn bunting with the tying run on 2b?
That sounds so crazy I have no choice but to believe you. When is the last time Dunn sac bunted?

Edit: Weeks, despite batting 7 points lower than Hall and 80 points lower than Braun, still has a higher OBP than either.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Here's a silver lining. I assume that after being in last place we'll lose a fair amount of the fan base who are pretty casual fans.

1) Easier access to tickets.

2) Easier access to walking down to better tickets.

3) No more 5x duplicate posts of the same things.

4) Demise of Yost?

6) Cheaper discounted Brewer gears a Kohls, for when they stop moving off the shelves.

7) ???

8) Profit.

1) Easier access to tickets.
2) Easier access to walking down to better tickets.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

7) ???
8) Profit.

South Park will always help you through hard times.

http://membres.lycos.fr/Spsty/Persos/Saison2/217/Imag/Gnomes.jpg

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Weeks and Cameron start hitting, and the Brewers score 7 runs. Coincidence?

Hardy and Hall were each on base three times as well, that sure helps.

People can no longer say the Brewers have three starters batting under .200, there's now zero http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

But... they still suck and are finished and will never be good... right?

They don't suck, but i do think the fact that all four of Weeks/Cameron/Hall/Hardy are low batting average type of hitters, might cause struggles for the offense the whole year. Obviously OBP is a more important stat for hitters than their batting average and of course the slugging has to be factored in also, but it seems the low batting average/high strikeout hitters are more prone to longer hitting slumps that the high batting average/make contact hitters that might not walk as much as you liked or that don't have a lot of power.

I know Overbay struggled last year and is again this season, but i really wish our offense had a lefty bat in his mold when he was hitting well. A .300ish hitter with a solid eye that hit lots of singles/doubles, but could also hit 15-20 homers.

Archived