Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the schlacking we took last night the national media outlets will be so distracted by the Cubs and Cardinals' the rest of the season while quiely leaving us in peace to wreak havoc on the league and wind up being a "surprise" team when they wake up in October and realize that we've won the division and have advanced to the LCS.

Weeks got his average above .200 and his OBP is .336 which isn't bad considering his BA. If he can get his BA up to .250 and continues to walk he could have a OBP around .375. I would certainly take that.

We still have a chance to take a 2nd straight series from the Cubs.

The Cubs and Cardinals both set franchise records for wins in the month of April. The Brewers ended the month 15-12 after last years 16-9, with a lot less offense than expected. Third place in the division isn't where we want to be, but it really wasn't a horrible month and our offense should be improving soon.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Mitch Stetter is my hero.

Seriously, he has been very impressive. This is the second time he came into a game to clean up Turnbow's mess. Stetter performance on Sunday (Bases loaded by Turnbow with no outs - Stetter stranded all of them) was amazing.

I agree. Stetter is on right now. Between him and Shouse, we shouldn't give up another hit to a lefty. It's also nice to have a guy like that show some emergence so that moving Turnbow won't handcuff the bullpen.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

They have a good manager.

The team looks like they're improving as a whole.

This team seems to handle adversity really well.

The manager really knows that he has to play with the cards he is dealt, but it is a choice of his to feel out when someone doesn't have it. He really has a feel for who has the hot hand.

Oh, I'm sorry that all sounded stupid.

Real silver lining: At this pace, Ned Yost will be gone soon. I'd rather have that then a 79-83 team to tell you the truth.

Well, they've never played well at Houston to begin with...at least the last game was close in the end. Cameron's played well for the most part since coming back. Hopefully getting out of that Loony Tunes ballpark will make the Brewers' pitchers look competent again.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Not much reason to post here lately. But at least the Brewers put together 10 non-swept series before their first swept series of the year.

And 20 straight going back to last year (back to that Giants series in August).

Everything has gone wrong and the Brewers are still over .500. Frankly, they have maybe a win or 2 less than I figured they would right now.
Yeah 2 more wins at home and we woudl be right where we want to be overall on the season. That would put us at .500 on the road and winning 2 of 3 at home. Doing that puts us at around 94 wins which would be better than I expected. Nothing a 4-5 game win streak couldn't fix at this point. Not that we need to do that.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The Cubs just lost 2 of 3 to the Cards. They've lost 3 series in a row and are 3-6 in their last 9 games. The Brewers are far from the only team struggling right now.

Twitter

Just hang in there, see how things shake out. What other choice is there? If I was going to stop watching the 'Crew, sure would have pulled the string a few years back.

Baseball Prospectus still says the Brewers have a 45.6% of making the playoffs, with only the Mets (69.8%), Cubs (67.1%), and Diamondbacks (61.7%) ahead of them. The sweep at the hands of the Astros had little effect on BP's postseason odds for the Brewers.

Twitter

Archived