Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do give Ned credit for at least pulling Gagne after 3 batters. Last year Ned most likely would have waited until the bases were loaded with no outs and then put Turnbow out there, lol.

Damn straight. This is the one thing that kept me from throwing something today!

Can we please make this a cynicism free zone? It's bad enough that 90% of the threads are negative after a loss now people are invading the one little part of the site that's supposed to remain positive.
Agreed.

You don't argue with people in the "Vent Thread", as they are only there to vent. And you don't post negative comments in the Silver Lining thread, otherwise they aren't silver linings!

Darn, darn, darn. I had a good sarcastic one that I have since been shamed in dropping. So I will say that a winning road trip makes the sting a little less. The better-than-average defense, the long starts by some of the starters, the great debut of Yovani, the way we outlast the Mets in the finale, the Ben Sheets mastery in the Santana game, the theft of the Cueto game. All in all, the team comes back from a road trip winning two of three road series, and that's with the meat of the lineup not yet having hit anywhere near their historic averages. (Did I say, "A winning road trip?")

We have 7 errors on the season. That's the 2nd fewest in the Majors, from a team that had 109 last year. The defense has been great and it's getting overlooked. Not to mention a gold glove centerfielder will be taking over in just over a week.

We are staying close to the top of the division even though our schedule is much tougher than the Cubs or Cards has been. One more winning road trip this year and we'll have as many as all last season. Not bad for a team that has yet to click on all cylinders.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

The Cubs don't have the Pirates on their schedule anymore in the near future...watching some of those games makes me really want to play the Pirates, even though playing them at PNC has historically been our nemesis - they are a bad baseball team that can't pitch a lick right now outside of Snell.

It's been a weird way to get to 11-7, but I'll take it!

It's been a weird way to get to 11-7, but I'll take it!

You said a mouthful there. It's got to be the most painful way to see a team win possible. Yet at the end of day winning while playing bad is what separtes good teams from great ones.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

the next four starting pitchers we are scheduled to face are left handed. Braun seems to be heating up the last two, and now he should see a steady diet of lefty pitching. I think it's going to be a great weekend.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived