Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
I was going to post the same thing. Kind of nice to see the bats come to life a bit in the 9th. Hope it feeds into tomorrow and the weekend series in Cincy (and beyond).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not everybody is down on Bill Hall:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&page=rumblings

From Jayson Stark's Rumblings and Grumblings about players starts that are for real those that are not. He starts with saying Kapler and Kendall will be coming back to earth soon, but adds:

See, we told you this wasn't Pick on the Brewers Week. Hall might not be hitting much for average or taking a whole lot of pitches. But everybody who weighed in on him thinks he'll have a good year. One scout even perused our list of potential bounce-back candidates and awarded Hall the honor of "best bet on this list."

"I'm big on Bill Hall," said another scout. "He's such a good athlete. And he's learning what he can and can't do. His plate coverage and pitch recognition are getting better all the time. And he's playing surprisingly well at third base."

I hope the scout is right. It would be great to see Braun, Fielder and Hall all get it going at the same time.

Eight game losing streak at Busch Stadium is over, Prince's first home run, huge win to salvage the series. It's almost kind of sad how the Brewers winning or losing can really affect your mood...

Tell me about it, up until the 8th inning I was going to go home and be pissed the rest of the night and refuse to watch baseball highlights (I refuse to watch highlights when the Brewers lose) but now I think I am up for some BW3's

With 2 nice comeback wins and one "almost" in less than a week, I hope it keeps Brewer fans a little bit more hopeful for comebacks going forward. Some of the "game over" crew missed out on a couple of great games. Cold bats can turn bright red in a heart beat!

I've been really also really enjoying the fact that our bullpen has kept the Brewers in games as of late. I was very skeptical of all the high priced arms Melvin got from the island of the misfits. So far, the results have been good, at least.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrince Fielder! Let me see that... bomb-ba-bomb bomb bomb!

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/def_soul/sisqo/sisqo2.jpg

EDIT: Just wanted to share this from McCalvy's game recap today:

"Cardinals right-hander Brad Thompson (1-1) took the loss after surrendering the home run to Fielder on a 1-2 breaking ball. Much has been made of Fielder's power outage this season, but he now has as many home runs as he did at this time last year, when he did not hit No. 2 until April 20. Fielder went on to become the youngest player in Major League history to hit 50 homers in a season"

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It may have only been one game, but today's win hopefully brought people back from the ledge. I for one was not panicking at all. Going .500 over a 6-game span @ NY Mets and @ St. Louis is more than acceptable, especially with two comeback wins on the road while facing some decent staring pitching. 9-6 feels a lot better than 8-7 and the Brewers have not even been playing their best baseball and they have yet to get Gallardo and Cameron in the mix. I would much rather play consistent baseball and get better as the season goes on rather than start hot and fade down the stretch like last year.

If the Brewers keep winning at their current pace, they will win 97 games. Nothing wrong with that. I know heightened expectations brings more anticipation and makes a two-game losing streak where the team scores few runs seem like an eternity, but hopefully this win will keep the knee-jerk reactions and comments about Fielder's vegetarian diet to a minimum at least for a couple days! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Go Crew!

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrince Fielder! Let me see that... bomb-ba-bomb bomb bomb!

"Ohhh that bat is scandalous" What a ridiculous song that was.

Seth McClung pitched 3 scoreless innings today, I'd say that's pretty neat.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The team is a game or so out of 1st and neither Weeks, Braun, or Fielder has really done anything offensively.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I do give Ned credit for at least pulling Gagne after 3 batters. Last year Ned most likely would have waited until the bases were loaded with no outs and then put Turnbow out there, lol.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Can we please make this a cynicism free zone? It's bad enough that 90% of the threads are negative after a loss now people are invading the one little part of the site that's supposed to remain positive.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived