Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there could be a good thing to come from Braun's injury it would be that he has learned to take a few more pitches. In September he had 12 walks, which is the same he had in May and June combined. If he can become more selective he will be so good.

I'll throw a few silver linings out there this evening.

1) The Brewers bullpen did a fantastic job today

2) Gallardo looked good for the most part, even in the 3rd inning when the Phillies somehow laid off some very tough pitches.

3) It's only one game. But I'm watching the games and am just going to enjoy the ride instead of bemoaning everything. So take this one for what it's worth.

4) The Brewers put themselves in position to tie or win the game in the ninth inning against the top closer in the league. Oh, and on the road. What more can you really ask for. It reminds me a lot of how the Diamondbacks kind of got Mariano Rivera to work and work in his early outings during the 2001 World Series and although it didn't pay immediate dividends it ended up paying off in the end.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It was a good game and they had a chance to win it. They kept fighting against a terrific pitcher who matches up well with them and they gave up game 1 on the road. You want to get a spilt out of this thing and we got our best guy, maybe the best guy in MLB, going tomorrow against a lineup that has a lot of lefty bats.

Was really run and bizarre being in the playoffs. Hopefully we bring this thing back here 1-1 with a chance to close it out at home.

Good stuff and go Brewers! We're cheering for you!

They may have found a (small crevice) in the Lidge armor. Or at least they made him throw 35 pitches. Hopefully that has some carryover affect if he comes into today's game.

EDIT: Cuss filter adjustment... didn't even think of alternate meanings.

They may have found a @!!#@ in the Lidge armor. Or at least they made him throw 35 pitches. Hopefully that has some carryover affect if he comes into today's game.
I really hope Lidge doesn't get into the game today at all.

I am optimistic about today, Myers has been pretty bad, CC has been pretty good and their will be no Bill Hall or Rickie Weeks

The Brewers still have a better chance of advancing in the playoffs than 22 other teams.
Maybe even 23 - Brewers get to come home for games 3 & 4, Cubs have to go on the road (and while hard to do, the Cubs looked even worse in their losses).

Plus their playoff history of being able to come back from 0-2 deficits in the first round after your Cy Young winnning pitcher loses in game 2.

Archived