Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every game the Brewers get trashed from here on forward means:

1. Less likelihood of Dale Sveum being named the permanent manager

2. The organization realizing that this team has major issues that aren't going to just go away by letting "the kids" age another year. Hopefully, some major roster (and GM?) shakeups are on the horizon.

Thank you 2008 Milwaukee Brewers for 5 months of fantastic baseball.

Yes, you have disappointed me thoroughly in September. Yes, you have once again played with my emotions only to pull my heart out and smash it (after swinging and missing a few times, of course), but you've been a large part of my summer and I will hold on to those good memories just as these September memories will haunt me.

I will remember the Russ Branyan bomb off of Joe Nathan in the 9th inning, the block parties, Ryan Braun's homer on his bobblehead day, JJ's walk off hit on his, and Ben Sheets' CG against the Giants on Prince Fielder bobblehead day.

The snow will come and the pain will fade, and in 2009 hope and optimism will spring once again.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was selected in the playoff lottery for tickets. (Like those will do any good)

Dale Sveum will not be our head coach next year.

We are going to get 4 very high draft picks when Sheets and CC leave.

Yovani Gallardo had a 1.80 ERA before he got hurt. He looks like he will be a legitimate stud.

Jeffress doesn't smoke pot anymore.

We still have a loaded farm system.

(Did anyone think 3 years ago that of Weeks, Fielder, Hardy and Hart - Hardy would end up the best? You can certainly make the argument.)

Prince Fielder

Last 7 days: .462/.533/1.038/1.572

Last 14 days: .400/.483/.840/1.323

Last 28 days: .298/.389/.543/.931

September: .319/.410/.639/1.049

It's pretty crazy to think that this insane month of September Prince has been having is basically what we got treated to all season long last year. Makes it easier to understand why many fans had been frustrated and/or disappointed with Fielder this summer.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Dale Sveum will not be our head coach next year.
Head coach might be a long shot. He has a better shot at being the manager.

(Did anyone think 3 years ago that of Weeks, Fielder, Hardy and Hart - Hardy would end up the best? You can certainly make the argument.)
Toby-wan Kenobi would be that guy. Here's proof.

It's at least nice to have a few entertaining games to watch at the end of the year, no matter the outcome. It would have sucked to chew on a week ago for the entire off season. Of course, there's still time for the Brewers to implode again. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I've seen 20 Brewer wins in person this season! (vs. 10 losses, with 2 or 3 games to go)

The ninth inning of Tuesday's game is going to be the happy place I go to in my mind on Sunday, I think. Unless the Brewers are willing to top the memory. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived