Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take some solice in the fact that the poundings the Brewers have endured at the hands of the Phillies, Mets, Cubs and even the Dodgers are a pretty good indication that they just may not be that good. I have a much easier time missing the playoffs when you don't belong there in the first place, then I do if they fail to reach their potential. It is becoming pretty clear that they simply aren't as good as those teams. Combined 9-18 against the teams likely to make the NL playoffs.
Are you trying to say that it is better to miss the playoffs and let people think that we would have been good rather than make the playoffs and get swept out to remove all doubt?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I finally figured out the losing this month . . . . .

The Brewers are tanking some games on purpose because they needed a new challenge:

1) Last place in May and fight back to wild card lead? CHECK!

2) 20-7 month of August? CHECK!

3) 4 game wild card lead equals little excitement during the final month? CHECK!

Yeah . . . That's the ticket!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n116/pitchleague/lovitz.jpg

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I had a nice chat with my daughter tonight. I told her that when I was a little older than she is now, the Brewers played in a World Series. I told here that if she married a nice boy 15 years from now that maybe her child could say the same thing.

Milwaukee Brewers - bringing families together.

For September BA/OBP/SLG/OPS

Weeks 303/439/455/894

Hardy 220/264/520/784

Braun 222/314/334/647

Fielder 231/348/359/707

Hart 186/239/256/495

Cameron 114/184/171/356

Hall 167/219/233/452

Kendall 211/318/368/687

I am sure that doesn't include today, but lets face it, they didn't hit today either.

There is almost no way they can keep hitting this poorly or maybe they can and we will save lots of money in arbitration.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm glad Ryan Braun will be a Brewer for the foreseeable future. He's a very good player and a stand up man. He never shies away from telling the truth, no matter how it may make him look or who he may out by telling it like it is.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

The bright side: Sabathia and Sheets will start 6 of the final 12 games. The Cubs will have locked up division by final weekend, and could be starting guys like Marshall, Randy Wells and Kevin Hart the final weekend.

If somehow Sabathia can outduel Dempster who's only been so-so his last 3 starts, and Sheets can beat Jason Marquis, then they'll still have a pulse and at least some positive momentum. Yost should then replace Parra and piggyback McLung and Villanueva on Thursday.

The Cubs scored two lucky runs tonight in the 3rd & our offense (esp. Prince) started to make me feel confident again. What was that thread this preseason about the 'Other 42' games? Meaning games that could go either way on a few twists of fate. I can't get upset tonight about the loss like I could in some games recently. At least this one came down to the end, and if one or two plays in the game went differently, the Brewers would have nabbed the win. Very much looking forward to the next two games, which is not how I felt heading into tonight's game.

Please truly be back, Prince. Give us 10 games of your insane power potential & we could make the playoffs.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived