Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Padres and Reds have terrible records, but they also have no pressure. I'm looking forward to games against teams who actually have to win. I have a good feeling about the upcoming Cubs series and think we split in Philly. It'll be close, but the Brewers still make the playoffs.

The Brewers have been depressingly bad over the last week plus and STIlL have a 74% chance of making the playoffs, according to BP. And that doesn't even consider the fact that CC and Sheets start in 8 of the remaining 17 games.

I know it doesn't feel like it but the Brewers are still in the wildcard driver's seat, with an outside shot at the division as well. A win today and even a split of Philly and the Brewers are looking very good.

No shame, DatHoser. They still do the one-two-three etc. we-want-more chant, led by the same guy as always.

The "we want ice cream" would start when the Badgers have four goals, because you can take a ticket stub to Culver's for a free scoop of custard if the Badgers score five in a game. The Brewers have the Burger Run, Badger hockey has the ice cream goal.

Oh, and silver-lining-wise...I'm glad at least some of us are still finding silver linings in things.

"The same guy" is Phil. Phil is my hero. I want to be one of Phil's groupies!

Archived