Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This franchise's general ineptitude does carry some comedic value, if you enjoy dark humor.

As Kendall lamely popped to 1st base to this evening's collapse, I heard the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme song in my head.

Series, I just honestly laughed out loud when I read that. Because I think of what that would sound like while that happened and its really funny. Great post.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

3 game lead or not, it's looking more and more like I won't be having $1900 charged to my credit card in a few weeks. THAT'S a huge silver lining in my household.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm going to look at this optimistically, after a good hour and a half of anger/depression:

-As previously stated, the 3 game lead is the same as it was on August 10. We shaved a month off the season and kept the same lead.

-If things go perfectly, the Brewers win their next two and the Marlins steal two in Philadelphia. The lead is then 5.0 games and the # is 12. If we split the Philadelphia series, the lead is still 5.0 and our # is 8 -- assuming the Cubs show up to play against St. Louis. Pretty darn manageable with 2 weeks remaining.

If we don't make the playoffs, I think (hope) Yost will get fired. Can't get anymore silver lining then that.

I'm not seeing it, we'll still win more games than most people thought the team would and that will save his job unfortunately. Lets say we go 6-12 in the last 18 games, that is still 88 wins. I don't see them firing Yost after 88 wins. If we go 8-10 we are at 90 wins.

Now if the team goes like 4-14 down the stretch and we end up with 86 wins maybe it could happen but I just don't think that is likely even with the tough schedule.

Badgers hockey starts in early October and I should have the Big Ten Network by then. At least that's what my cable company tells me.
Not to rain on the silver lining parade, but the Big Ten Network doesn't carry WCHA games, if you were assuming you would find some hockey on the BTN. There really is no reason they aren't on the BTN other than that would cost Fox and the Big10 some more money on the rights and the cost of televising the games.

Badgers hockey starts in early October and I should have the Big Ten Network by then. At least that's what my cable company tells me.

My silver lining is that there's another Badger hockey fan on this board.

Make it 3.

I bought my 5 game pack on Saturday and have my first game vs Minnesota on October 25. VERY excited.

Roderick wrote:

Not to rain on the silver lining parade, but the Big Ten Network doesn't carry WCHA games, if you were assuming you would find some hockey on the BTN. There really is no reason they aren't on the BTN other than that would cost Fox and the Big10 some more money on the rights and the cost of televising the games.

They will carry games with teams that are in the Big Ten. The Michigan and Michigan State games are likely to be on BTN. Some of the Minnesota games as well maybe. I believe they had at least 4 games on BTN last year I missed. Most of their games are on FSN or PBS at 10:30or so. As long as I get to see them I don't care.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Make it four.

Picture bottom of the 9th last night:

ONE - TWO -THREE - FOUR

We Want MORE!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

I think they would have been chanting "we want ice cream."

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

No shame, DatHoser. They still do the one-two-three etc. we-want-more chant, led by the same guy as always.

The "we want ice cream" would start when the Badgers have four goals, because you can take a ticket stub to Culver's for a free scoop of custard if the Badgers score five in a game. The Brewers have the Burger Run, Badger hockey has the ice cream goal.

Oh, and silver-lining-wise...I'm glad at least some of us are still finding silver linings in things.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived