Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if the Brewers go a semi-disastrous 11-12 to close out the year, the Phillies will have to go 16-6 and the Cards will have to go 17-5 to catch us. If the Brewers can go 12-11 counting the loss tonight, the Phils have to go 17-5 and the Cards have to go 18-4. Starting September 0-4 sucks, but it's definitely not as bad as it looks.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

We've played like poop for 4 days, lost 4 straight and we fell to .20 games over .500 and a 4 game lead in the WC...it could be a lot worse.

No kidding. I was almost stunned when I saw this morning that we still had a 4 game lead and were still 5 games behind the Cubs. It's almost unbelievable.

There's a conversation on the board about how many at bats Gamel could get, and whether or not we'll even see him play an inning at third base.

The Giants just called up a 3B, (Conor Gillaspie) who was just drafted this year, and doesn't even have 100 pro at bats, and they're going to going to give him plenty of starts.

Pretty nice to be on this side of the spectrum.

The Brewers clinched a winning season - on September 6 - and their second consecutive winning season since 1991-92.

When I saw win 82 next to the box score last night, I let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness the losing seasons are completely in the rear view mirror, at least for a couple of seasons now.

The nice thing about where we are in the standings is the pretty symmetry. 4 games back, 4 games ahead.
I was looking for one thing in this thread to make me feel better about the week ahead, and this at least made me laugh. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived