Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13

The Brewers are 13 games over and currently hold the wildcard spot. Boo friggin' hoo.

Baseball seasons have many peaks and valleys. All that really matters is where your team is, at present. So far, so good.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least the next road series isn't in Pittsburgh. If I had to see Jack Wilson beat this team with an inside-the-park HR, and then watch McClouth put up 7 RBI the next night, I'd probably fall into a deep depression.

In a way, the Brewers are not alone...

The Angels (best record in AL) just swept a 3-game series with the Red Sox (who now hold only a 1-game edge in the Wild Card over the Yankees/Twins), in Boston.

Now obviously, Boston has had just a bit more to cheer about in recent years than Milwaukee has. Still, it made me feel good to see that we aren't the only team who's hit a rough patch and played poorly at home against the best team in their league.

rluzinski wrote:

Baseball seasons have many peaks and valleys. All that really matters is where your team is, at present. So far, so good.

Only if it's the last game of the World Series. But I rationalize with your sentiment with an edit to your predicate. That is, all that matters is where your team is going. and for the Brewers, it's OK.

Yost getting fired in the offseason is alot better than in April/May I suppose since Svuem would of replaced him and the success in spite of him probably would got him a long term contract. Glad we dodged that bullet.

After today's game, the Brewers play 5 games against teams with current winning records (3 LAD, 2 STL) in August.

A Braves team fresh off trading away Teixeira and effectively giving up, a Griffey-less Reds team, a horrible Nationals team, and an equally bad Padres team make up the Brewers' next 13 games...I don't exactly see a prolonged losing streak in there.

I mentioned in a discussion earlier this season that the Brewers' early-season success against the Cubs might loom large down the stretch. Thank god we won those games early on.

(accidentally posted that in the vent thread... deleted it there)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I mentioned in a discussion earlier this season that the Brewers' early-season success against the Cubs might loom large down the stretch. Thank god we won those games early on.

(accidentally posted that in the vent thread... deleted it there)

Well put. We are 6-4 in the series this year. Not great but not terrible either with 6 to go.

I watched every game in this series up to the end, missing only one half inning in transit to a bowling alley on Monday. At least, at the close of the final atrocity, the fine folks at the National Geographic Channel have seen fit to provide the perfect program for me to watch at the moment, given my mood.

It is called "Garbage Mountain".

And, yes, the creators are being quite literal with that title.

Archived