Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13

ESPN also said I believe no team since 1999 has swept a road trip of 7 or more games. This stretch is pretty darn impressive. The Cardinals had the 2nd ebst record in the NL and the Giants threw 3 pretty darn good pitchers at us and we beat em all.

Now we come home to a down and out Astros team, we better not lay an egg

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Well, here we are 54 games in, exactly 1/3 thru the season. Looking at how our team has performed and all the players that aren't contributing due to injury, I feel ok about being 2 games under .500 [[26-28]] . If through the next 54 we regress upwards toward what should be our true talent level with some luck and we go, say, 30-24, I would not be surprised if we find ourselves right back in the thick of the race.]

34-16 since this post http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I say again, take that Richard Justice! Maybe next time you won't be so foolhardy as to think you can predict the direction of a team by walking through their clubhouse.

Since that low point on May 20, at 20-24, sitting in last place, and after Braun called out his teammates...

The Crew is 40-20 (.667).

Most wins in the Majors during this time.

Best record in the NL. Second best is the cubs at 32-27 (.542).

They picked up 7.5 games on the cubs.

Best record in the AL is the Angels 38-19 (.667), second best is the Yankees 38-21 (.621).

OK, so today was poor. At the same time however, our lead in the wild card stayed at 3. If you told me coming out of the break we would go 8-2, I would have been real happy and losing 2 games to Houston is better than losing 2 to the Cards. We have CC pitching tomorrow...

Thats about all I got.

losing 2 games to Houston is better than losing 2 to the Cards.

I'm going to side with obobo55 here. That STL sweep was sweet enough to take away some of the sting of even today's game.

And wibadgers23 beat me to the observation I was going to make: No Suppan vs. the Cubs.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

That Wild Card pennent thing will look nice in leftfield.

Any sort of pennant or even an "NL Wildcard 2008" plaque of some sort would look good next to that lonely 1982 pennant above left field. That thing is almost depressing to look at, at this point.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

That thing is almost depressing to look at, at this point.

I hate that thing.

But since is the Silver Lining thread I will frame my opinion in a different way: we have an owner with an appreciation for the finer things in life (and, more importantly, the money to realize them)... any future banner hanging will be precisely that. A banner hanging. No one is going up there with a bucket of paint and a stencil ever again.

There will soon be a dramatically new, durable, satin-y, embroidered-y, bi-coloric physical banner flag secured to the track beam and capable of flapping in the wind. (not to mention capable of being reproduced in miniature and sold as a facsimile in the gift shop)

Hats off to the Doorman and Bushy Mustache Man (and all the less recognizable others) for not selling out. Not that they would, but given the crowd composition, long term fan devotion above and beyond the call of duty in tough games like these needs to be acknowledged.

It's gotten teh the point that I want the Brewers to make the playoffs just so I can hear Ueck call one on the radio, and see the Doorman stand with arms outstretched for an October walkoff. I may even be happy then waiting for it all to happen again when I'm 65.

That thing is almost depressing to look at, at this point.

I hate that thing.

But since is the Silver Lining thread I will frame my opinion in a different way: we have an owner with an appreciation for the finer things in life (and, more importantly, the money to realize them)... any future banner hanging will be precisely that. A banner hanging. No one is going up there with a bucket of paint and a stencil ever again.

There will soon be a dramatically new, durable, satin-y, embroidered-y, bi-coloric physical banner flag secured to the track beam and capable of flapping in the wind. (not to mention capable of being reproduced in miniature and sold as a facsimile in the gift shop)

Is that something that's going to really happen? They're actually going to replace that dingy looking painted epithet over left field?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived