Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13

Yay!!!!!

It is a very real possibility that we could be in a tie for first about 25 hours from now.

We are winning games we have no business winning.

Winning 5 games in a row on the road? Are you serious? Against Cain, Lincecum, Sanchez, and Lohse no less. That doesn't even seem possible.

I have Brewer fever and the only prescription is more Bill Hall (I know I am a dork)

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first two games of this series have been won in large part thanks to two of the most popular whipping boys this year - Rickie Weeks and Bill Hall. If those two get on a roll...

nice call jhart05 I was just about to post that...

Ryan Braun this series so far: 1-10. 1 single.

And yet we are 2-0. Amazing.

I love how close this team is.

I also love how big of an idiot Richard Justice looks right now. Yeah Richard the Brewers look to have major chemistry issues to me too.

I also love how big of an idiot Richard Justice looks right now. Yeah Richard the Brewers look to have major chemistry issues to me too.

I was thinking that same thing. Where is that guy now?

Clubhouse problems, my butt. Sure looked like they had issues last night, when Billy came back to the dugout and all his teammates shunned him. Oh wait, they didn't?

Dear northsiders, objects in the rear view are bigger than they appear.

Sing it with me folks.

Number one is the loneliest,

Number one is the loneliest,

Number one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do. . .

After the Crew scored their first two runs, with two outs no less, I finally have a confidence in them that I haven't had in 26 years. Yes, I'm among the old fogies on this board (I want Matloooooock!).

Can ya tell I'm still psyched?

I was thinking that same thing. Where is that guy now?

Probably still writing crappy stories, doing his best to get on TV. He's exhibit A of why baseball columnists <<<<<< beat writers

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here. I leave at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning for a weekend in Cooperstown. It will be my fourth trip. The previous three years (1999, 2002, 2004) the Brewers weren't good and by the time the Hall of Fame trip came I was in football season mode. This year, coming off a 7-game road sweep and 8-game winning streak, I'll be smiling the whole flight/drive, and wear my Brewers shirt with pride in baseball's Mecca. The Brewers winning makes the trip sooooooo much sweeter (unless they get swept at home this weekend...then look for me in the Vent Thread).

Not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here. I leave at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning for a weekend in Cooperstown. It will be my fourth trip. The previous three years (1999, 2002, 2004) the Brewers weren't good and by the time the Hall of Fame trip came I was in football season mode. This year, coming off a 7-game road sweep and 8-game winning streak, I'll be smiling the whole flight/drive, and wear my Brewers shirt with pride in baseball's Mecca. The Brewers winning makes the trip sooooooo much sweeter (unless they get swept at home this weekend...then look for me in the Vent Thread).
I hope you have some way to watch or keep up with the Brewers on your trip. I almost think your post should be in the vent thread. You might miss some important games while you are gone.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I hope you have some way to watch or keep up with the Brewers on your trip. I almost think your post should be in the vent thread. You might miss some important games while you are gone.

I thought of that logan; but I can't really vent about going to Cooperstown. Since the Yanks/BoSox play this weekend (which, I swear, they do every time I've gone to Cooperstown) that will be on the TV at the bar we spend most nights at. I got the new MLB app for the iPhone for pitch-by-pitch and video highlights. It'll have to do. But I am gonna miss seeing the games.

I think a decent amount of his horrid start this year was bad luck. Don't get me wrong, he didn't pitch great or even good, but he was not a 7 ERA pitcher.

If he ends up just as a middle of the road reliever (3.8ish ERA) for the rest of the season, we're looking a lot better.

Gagne had some control problems early in the year. Hopefully the Brain Trust realizes that his lack of velocity is compounded by working too much and he doesn't get assigned the "8th inning guy" role and ends up pitching 2,3 days in a row. No reason Riske can't pitch some 8th innings or have Shouse matchup or use Villaneuva if need be. Keep Gagne as fresh as possible.

I think a decent amount of his horrid start this year was bad luck. Don't get me wrong, he didn't pitch great or even good, but he was not a 7 ERA pitcher.

Well said, cwolf. I've been very encouraged by Eric's results & execution of late.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Brewers just finished a 7-game road trip, and the biggest thing we have to complain about is if the Brewers posed a bit too much while hitting their game-winning home runs. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Check to see if they have a spot reserved for Ryan Braun yet http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived