Brewer Fanatic

2008 Silver Lining Thread

Playmaker13
  • Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll give Big Seth some credit for keeping the Brewers in the game after that 3-spot in the 1st tonight. I admit I wouldn't have been 100% surprised (upon hearing the final score) to find that most or all of the eight runs had been charged to McClung.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Sabathia/Bailey looks much more favorable.

We haven't exactly done well with favorable matchups this week.

That said, a win going into the break would be huge for everyone, methinks. They're still in a good position with a ton of head-to-head with the Cubs and Cardinals. Things are okay...everyone slumps. Cripes, the Cubs lost a series to Toronto earlier this year.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Because Jason Michaels is my new hero, it's possible again for the Brewers to head into the break with the wildcard lead with a little help. Maybe things aren't so bad, after all. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif The Cards had 22 hits tonight and LOST.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Because Jason Michaels is my new hero, it's possible again for the Brewers to head into the break with the wildcard lead with a little help. Maybe things aren't so bad, after all. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif The Cards had 22 hits tonight and LOST.

Wow. I didn't even bother checking the final scores of the Cubs and Cards games and it turned out one lost and one almost lost.

I finally found a good new logo T-shirt. One with patches stitched on it instead of that cheap screen printed stuff that wears out after a few washes. Got it at Kohl's yesterday at a nice discount.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Russell Branyan's .125/.160/.167/.327 over 25 PA doesn't make me think he'll never hit again.

Prince Fielder has actually had a fantastic season at the plate so far. His .857 OPS is only misleading in that it doesn't show that his best production has been more recent. June & July OPS over .900.

Bill Hall's 1.186 OPS in the month of July has been huge. Did using him more efficiently help his approach?

J.J. Hardy - June: .969, July: 1.213 (Please stop asking Hardy to bunt)

Braun - May: 1.050, June: .786, July: 1.013. Braun's plate discipline so far in July has shown improvement.

Cameron's OPS has been climbing since early/mid-June

Corey Hart's .749 July OPS doesn't look so troubling when you look at his teammates' months, but his low OBP is to me.

Also, we got that Sabathia guy.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

TooLiveBrew wrote:

Prince Fielder has actually had a fantastic season at the plate so far. His .857 OPS is only misleading in that it doesn't show that his best production has been more recent. June & July OPS over .900.

The only thing troubling me about Prince is his .360 OBP right now. That isn't good for a supposed "elite" hitter. Of couse I am expecting a rebound from most of our players in the 2nd half. Almost everybody is playing below expectations and we are still way above .500.

Please stop asking Hardy to bunt

Please stop asking anybody to bunt.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The only thing troubling me about Prince is his .360 OBP right now.

Once his BA rises, the OBP will get back up in the .375/.390 range. Yes, total guess or assumption, but Prince is just such a talented batter. His BBs have been fine imo.

I think the Cards are going to be feeling some pressure tommorrow because if they lose they are facing a sweep or 3-1 Brewers margin. And Kyle Lohse is so due to start sucking again.

Rickie hit the ball well

OUr bullpen was excellent (I am not going to blame Torres thats for sure)

We won and Braun went 0-6 without any well hit balls if I recall.

JJ is still god

Eric Gagne not only got good results tonight -- his stuff & command looked good.

Rickie Weeks has been good at the plate of late. He was very good at the plate tonight.

Oh, and what jhart said! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

F. Cordero just blew his second save on this Reds' homestand and six so far for the year. With the way the Reds' fans are complaining it sounds like his WHIP must not be that great even in the games he has saved. While I have nothing against Cordero, this is just another example of why relievers are so questionable from year to year, and why the Brewers probably got lucky when the Reds stepped in and took him from us.

Archived