Brewer Fanatic

Official Super Bowl Commercials Thread

wisconsinfan47

Not sure if this is being discussed over at LL.

If not, post your thoughts about this years commercials here...I feel like the ads have been pretty lackluster in past years. Hopefully this will change.

Since my Pack isn't in the big game, and I can't stand the Pats and am still a little mad at the Giants, commercials will be my main focus this year. Enjoy!

Not sure if this is being discussed over at LL.

The boards share an Off-Topic forum, so this is where we'd talk about it.

Since my Pack isn't in the big game, and I can't stand the Pats and am still a little mad at the Giants, commercials will be my main focus this year. Enjoy!

I'm almost rooting for the Patriots.

So far, with the exception of two or three, the commercials imo have been almost totally garbage.

Very disappointing.

EDIT: I liked that Ideacast ad about searching for the 18-35 y-o demographic. "Ted?!"

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I really liked that Tom Petty commercial. It rocked! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

EDIT: Annnd... Salesgenie decided that the best course of action was to make an incredibly racist commercial for their $2.96^nth power mil. Super Bowl ad.

Incredibly tasteless.

I hate these ads because if they suck, they suck. If they're good, they'll be beaten into us during every commercial break and in pop culture for the next 6 months. Wazzuuup! Was one of the signs of the apocalypse, IMO.
I never liked that wazzzup crap even though my friends thought it was cool.

The Bridgestone commercial would have been better if they had hit Richard Simmons. Is it wrong to think that?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Watching TV for the commercials? Am I in bizarro world or something. I just dont get it.

I don't get it either. I was as bummed out as anyone about the Packers losing. I at first said I wasn't going to watch the Super Bowl. I mean, I don't care about either one of these teams. Then I took a step back and thought, Its the freaking Super Bowl. Its the number 1 game of the year. Its the last real game I get to see for a very long time. It was the Pats going for perfection, vs huge underdogs. Its football, and football will always, always, always be better than watching commercials.

I thought the commercials sucked except for a couple. The baby buying stocks or whatever it was, and then getting a clown and saying how he underestimated the creppyness of clowns was the best. I can't remember the whole thing, but I laughed, because I too think clowns are very creepy

I fast-forwarded through the Super Bowl for the commercials.

There were some alright ones, but I think the era of great Super Bowl commercials is officially toast. I liked the Planters Cashews one the best, the Diet Pepsi Max thing was decent and I remember some of the Bud Light ones being sort of humorous. Nothing that memorable.

Agreed about those strange salesgenie.com ads. I didn't think the first one was racist so much as culturally weird, but the second one with the pandas was pretty darn close to meeting my definition of racist.

I didn't think the first one was racist so much as culturally weird, but the second one with the pandas was pretty darn close to meeting my definition of racist.

That's the one I saw... missed their first one. Oh darn.

I liked the Diet Pepsi Max one as well. But the best....the car commercial (toyota?) that had the badger inside and the cannon couldn't be heard but the cell phone rang. Good stuff and even better being a badger fan.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Thank God the game was amazing, because there was only about 1 or 2 that I laughed out loud at. The Budweiser one with the dog training the horse, I laughed, when the Rocky music came on. I thought the Diet Pepsi Max one was great. Otherwise, I thought, you spent millions of dollars on this? And I'm glad I'm not alone with that salesgenie ad. I thought that was just extremely strange.

The Salesgenie.com ads pretty much sucked, IMO. I'm not an overly PC guy, but I could definitely see people getting offended by the Panda one.

I was a bit overwhelmed overall by the ads this year. I thought the Coca-Cola one with Underdog/Stewie/Charlie Brown was the best. I did find the Budweiser one with the dog training the horse amusing as well. Overall I get annoyed, because Budweiser seems to always roll out a half dozen new ads during the Super Bowl every year that people are going to fawn over, and I'm always thinking "I wish they'd devote their ad budget towards making a beer that actually tastes like something." Like, I'm sure a bunch of hipster guys that are going through the trouble of hiding beers in cheese and wine boxes (during a wine & cheese party) are going to be drinking Bud Light. :P

Fortunately, the game was so good (at least IMHO), I didn't need to waste time focusing on the commercials.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived