Brewer Fanatic

YoGa Auto Ball

sheetswannabe

I have read in a number of magazines that the value of a ball signed on the horseshoe is no different than a ball signed on the sweet spot. I do like autographs on the sweet spot, and for the most part, they are harder to get signed. but if a player like Braun only can sign on the horseshoe I'm not going to complain

The PSA Autographed Baseball Grading Guide

Sweet Spot versus Side Panel Autographs
The location of the autograph will have no bearing on the grade of the autograph. Yes, it is true that many collectors prefer the aesthetics of a ball signed on the Sweet Spot versus the Side Panel; however, PSA will not factor this characteristic into the overall grade of the signature and ball. On the other hand, Sweet Spot signatures do tend to sell for a premium in the market but, once again, PSA is not making judgments based on market values - the grade is based strictly on condition and signature strength. A label of SS (Sweet Spot) or SP (Side Panel) will accompany the grade/authentication and it will be registered in our database as such.

The one way that placement may affect the grade is when the location, whether the autograph is on the sweet spot or side panel, is placed in a poor location for display. For example, an autograph that is signed on the sweet spot but severely off-center side-to-side or top-to-bottom may hinder the grade. The lack of eye-appeal can affect the grade of the autograph and/or the overall grade.

I'm not sure I get your point, jason. . .

The PSA note says that sweetspot sigs do tend to sell for a premium in the market. Wouldn't that mean that they sell for more than those signed elsewhere? I have passed on balls signed off the sweetspot, just as I don't think they would look good next to the others that I have signed on the sweetspot.

As for the Gallardo ball, I would put it around $50 as well.

my point is, they grade out the same. They do sell for more at times but the over all value of the ball is the same. Its up to the collector on what they want. Like for me, an autographed ball is an autographed ball. I could careless where they sign it. He asked the value of the ball, not the value of the ball sold on ebay. So the value of the ball is the same either on the sweet spot, or anywhere else. Thats my point

that ball right now will be around $50, if he puts up 18-20 wins this year, it will go up big time in value.

Sorry Jason, I'm going to be a dink on this one. . .

I think you're confusing "grade" with "value".

The PSA quote that you used was talking specifically about their grading services, in which they offer an opinion on the legitimacy and condition of the signature on the ball. When they grade a signature, that's all they look at (and really, it's all they SHOULD look at).

The value of the ball (meaning the price you could get for it) would be higher signed on the sweetspot than signed elsewhere. The same is true for an official MLB ball vs. a little league ball. They might grade out the same from PSA or others (as all they're looking at is the legitimacy and condition of the signature)--but the value would be higher.

Ryan Braun is a great example of why the sweetspot signature is worth more. If you get it at a game he won't sign on the sweetspot but he has no problem signing on the sweetspot for his Mikita sports contract.

Sorry Jason, I'm going to be a dink on this one. . .

I think you're confusing "grade" with "value".

you're such a dink http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I get what you're saying, and yeah, I agree. However, if you have an autographed ball on the sweet spot, but the autograph looks bad, the value, and the grade will go down. So I guess there are a lot of different things that can determine the value of the ball.

I'm surprised any autograph, besides one with a hologram (like Favre) or a pull from a pack of cards, is worth anything. With all the fakes polluting eBay, the authenticators that have been proven wrong, and the fact that a COA is worth less than the paper it's printed on, you'd figure the market wouldn't be that great.

I agree with gyp. Being in the market for a Favre auto I could not beleive the high volume of obvious fake Favre autos on Ebay. Obviously I was only going to buy one with the Favre hologram, but I couldn't beleive how bad it was, but they did come with a "certificate of authenticity" which obviously was fake.

the Yo ball is worth 50$ like others have stated. when i renewed my season package this year i got the choice to recieve an auto ball by a couple different players. i got the yo ball, and i could order other autoed balls for the other seats in the package at 50$ each.

Speaking of the season ticket renewal, I also selected the Gallardo ball as my reward. I thought I was told that I would be contacted about it, or recieve it sometime in February, but I haven't heard anything yet. Anyone have any more info on this? or gotten your ball?

Speaking of the season ticket renewal, I also selected the Gallardo ball as my reward. I thought I was told that I would be contacted about it, or recieve it sometime in February, but I haven't heard anything yet. Anyone have any more info on this? or gotten your ball?

IIRC the auto ball is an in person signing event that will take place early in the season. they have been swamped in the sales office so it may take a little longer for them to set it up than they originally expected.

Archived