Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braun, Fielder, Hall, Weeks and Hardy are all batting under .250.

Hall and Braun have a OBP of .235 and .226 respectively.

considering our record, you could almost post this is the silver linning thread

I wouldnt call Rickie a bust, just slightly underachieving at this point in terms of defense. To Hall's credit, he doesn't boot balls like Rickie does. But GIDP is certainly frustrating enough to rant tonight.

It's not encouraging reading about Braun's thoughts towards sitting on the bench today:

ST. LOUIS -- With just 12 games ticked off the schedule and the Brewers coming off an off-day, when Ryan Braun was not in the lineup Tuesday you had to wonder whether the left fielder was nursing some sort of injury.

Braun said he wondered the same thing.

"I don't need an off-day. I don't want an off-day," Braun said. "I would much rather be playing. I don't ever want to sit. Obviously, there going to be times when you need an off-day when you're tired or you're hurt, but I'm perfectly healthy.

It's not good if Yost starts ticking-off his players this early in the year.

Our 1,2, and 5 hitters went 0- last night. And you wonder why Prince isn't playing well so far. No one is giving him anything to hit because the mighty Bill Hall is behind him?

Bill Hall is the new 3TO - K, DP, or HR

I am also losing faith in Weeks. If Hall and Weeks are still in these funks at the end of May, I say that it is time to move on. Rickie by then will have had ample time to prove himself and for the most part hasn't shown a whole lot. And Bill Hall can just look atrocious sometimes and when he does get hot they certainly don't las for very long. Never seen anybody swign and miss at more terrible pitches than Weeks and Hall.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how bad Gabe Gross is. 2-22 almost exclusively aginst righties. And I thought that was suppose to be his strong suit? Not that big of a deal because I cant imagine hell be around after Cameron comes back but the man seems to be a black hole

How this team is 3 games over .500 is beyond me at this point. Starting pitching has carried this team seemingly with a strong bullpen minus Turnbow and McClung. Our team batting average must be somewhere near .240 or .230.

and he shouldn't sit unless he isn't healthy or needs a day off.

Guys with a .226 OBP sit a lot. Maybe he wouldn't ge these days off if he would simply stop swinging at pitch outs. It isn't Braun who should be mad at Ned. It's Ned who should be mad at Braun. One year does not make a career. Unless he keeps the approach he has so far this year. Then it will be his career.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

It's not encouraging reading about Braun's thoughts towards sitting on the bench today:

ST. LOUIS -- With just 12 games ticked off the schedule and the Brewers coming off an off-day, when Ryan Braun was not in the lineup Tuesday you had to wonder whether the left fielder was nursing some sort of injury.

Braun said he wondered the same thing.

"I don't need an off-day. I don't want an off-day," Braun said. "I would much rather be playing. I don't ever want to sit. Obviously, there going to be times when you need an off-day when you're tired or you're hurt, but I'm perfectly healthy.

It's not good if Yost starts ticking-off his players this early in the year.

It's also not good if the player can't understand why they are sitting in the first place. He deserved to sit a game.

Braun, stop swinging at every single pitch, and you won't be sitting.

It's also not good if the player can't understand why they are sitting in the first place. He deserved to sit a game.

Braun, stop swinging at every single pitch, and you won't be sitting.

Per Around the Horn...... +3

Too bad. You've been nothing short of horrible of late. If he's in the lineup tonight and swings out of his rear end all game again, I'd sit him on Thursday too. What's he going to do, leave the team? Become the next Sheffield?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't quite understand.

I think you were giving me points based upon my comment, meaning you agreed with what I said.

What is the "Around the Horn style" mean? Is that a radio show or something?

What is the "Around the Horn style" mean? Is that a radio show or something?

It's a TV show on ESPN. They basically take four columnists and have them debate sports stories. Tony Reali the host, gives them points based on the how strong their answer to the debate was. If they made no sense in their debate or completely went off on a different tangent they'll likely lose points. If they make a strong debate with solid points they'll get points. If they zing one of the other columnists they'll also get more points. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived