Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many threads have there been over the past two years that compare the current roster to a list that contains N. Figueroa and R. Casanova, and concludes that the Brewers have come a long way?

True as it may be, and as little as a single game means in terms of drawing conclusions, games like tonight are about as welcome as a foul tip to the groin.

It doesn't bother me that much that we're 6-4.

What bothers me is that we don't look much like a playoff team. Two hits against Nelson Figuroa with this lineup is completely unacceptable, and every single one of them was to blame tonight. If Braun and Prince don't turn it around within 5 more games, stop with this Prince at #3 and Braun at #4 experiment. It didn't work last year and it's not working so far. When we ended it, we did better. We don't need to re-adjust the lineup to give Braun 10 more chances to run this year.

All I know is, if we managed two hits against Figuroa, we may as well go up to the plate blindfolded against Santana.

very frustrating indeed, but I'm willing to wait for the bats to heat up when the weather does. It sure looked chilly at Shea tonight with the fog and everything. I could see players breath multiple times.

Not much of a vent, I guess, unless I want Mother Nature to start warming things up.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Well here goes my first vent of the season. Did I really just drive an hour and a half from Brooklyn to see this half baked offensive performance. Did we really just get two hits in six innings against Nelson Figueroa, the same Nelson Figueroa that went to my high school (Lincoln in Brooklyn ) and has sucked his entire career. It was a cold and rainy night in that filthy ballpark and that performance was awful. Why do we always get shut down by journeyman scrubs like this. Should be fun for me at the ballpark tomorrow watching these guys try to hit Santana. This team can be so depressing at times.

I blame Gabe Gross batting second, playing CF...

Brewers with Gross in the starting lineup:

31 for 158 (.196) - 5 games

Brewers without Gross in the lineup:

55 for 181 (.303) - 5 games

And for those who argue small samples, Ned Yost has used much smaller samples to base his decisions on. Gabe Gross is the kryptonite to the Brewers lineup. Free Gabe Kapler!!

Hey Prince I know you are against the cruelty to animals but that doesn't mean you don't have to use that leather glove once in a while. Maybe mix in a few deep knee bends or try Yoga or something then maybe you can get all the way to the ground with that glove of yours. The reason they make gloves out of leather is so you can hit the dirt once in a while wihtout destroying it. Try scooping a ball out of the dirt or maybe put it all the way to the ground when an easy grounder comes dribbeling up your way once in a while.

Here's a thought you don't much care for your dad anyway so why not change your name from Prince Fielder to Duke Humus. That way when you sign your next contract and they tell you to initial here you'll have the proper initials for where you should be playing. Dude you got mad because you thought you should have made more money this year. Just how much should the fourth best 1st baseman in the division get paid?

Perhaps the Brewers made a mistake with simmons as thier bench coach. They should have hired Miss Cleo. Yost would need a fortune teller to figure out this team. I can see it now.

Ned- Miss Cleo throw the bones see if Prince will make this next play.

Miss Cleo - No mon. It will go directly under hees glove mon.

Ned sends signal to Hart to play directly behind Prince. Prince boots it and Hart scoops it up and runs it to the bag.

Ned- Thanks Clee What would I do withoput you?

Next batter

Ned - Clee check the cards is Weeks going to throw this next one accuratley to first

Cleo - No mon. He'll air mail it to the second deck.

Ned signals the bat boy to run a butterfly net to prince. Prince after a near miss manages to tag the runner before he crossed the base.

Ned - Clee wihtout you I'd be bagging groceries in a month. Thanks.

Cleo - No problem mon. EEt's what I do best hon.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Here's an idea, Ned....how about having Corey Hart, who can actually play CF, play CF, rather than trotting Gross and Kapler out there every day and having it cost us runs every day on balls that Cameron, Gwynn, or Hart would have had? Wait, that's right, we need Corey to have a warm fuzzy now so he doesn't have to make the traumatic move from CF to RF when Cameron returns.

Archived