Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Ned, in the 7th inning, in a close game, NO pitcher, much less your starting pitcher, should give up 5 consecutive hits. That's not doing your job.

- I know it's Harang, but does this lineup besides Kendall plan on doing anything in the near future? I hope they realize that Jason Kendall is not the guy who can carry them all season. Prince is getting painful to watch. It's not only that he's not showing any power, it's that he's not even usually coming close. Someone please get this guy a nice, juicy steak.

- All in all, a stinkbomb of a series. We were completely outclassed at home by a supposedly inferior division opponent. We were lucky not to get swept. Doesn't bode well.

i think the Reds are the most serious competition for the division. With Harang, Cueto, Arroyo, and Volquez... that's not bad. And they've never had a problem scoring runs. I'm not sure about their pen, but it's better than last year.

Yost annoys me. Not even with the managerial decisions (which I think he's been okay with so far). I just can't stand the way he comes off after the games, win or lose.

Exactly how I feel about the guy. He's easily aggitated. The anti-cool.

I could care less about the HR's, so that's not what this is about, but Prince is reeling big time at the plate right now. He's taking some bad hacks at baseballs, and popping up far too much. Everybody needs to level swings out, and start driving the baseball!

Ned, in the 7th inning, in a close game, NO pitcher, much less your starting pitcher, should give up 5 consecutive hits. That's not doing your job

I actually disagree with this statement. Dunn had an excuse me hit, he gave up the HR. Hatteburg had a solid hit and then Bako and the Pitcher were up next. I have no issues at all with letting Villanueva face Bako and the Pitcher even though it didn't turn out well.

The team looks too HR happy right now, Fielder and Braun seem to be swinging for the fences and that is the biggest worry I have. We need more OBP than last year to turn into a really elite offense instead of just a good one.

Ned Yost continues to leave his starting pitchers in too long. I believe it's already 6 games this year where the starter was left in too long and gave up several runs right before being removed. Thankfully we've won most of those games (IIRC 5), but it's clear that as long as he keeps it up it will come back to haunt us.....

I'd agree with the comments about Yost being a little too defensive of his players at times. It seems to be the case after every loss.

If the offense gets shut down, then the opposing pitcher was lights-out.

If the pitcher gets shelled, the opposing offense was just making good swings all day.

If the defense was making mistakes, they were really tough plays.

Now I'm glad he doesn't hang his players out to dry, don't get me wrong, but you can hold the guys (and yourself) accountable once in awhile. They are professionals. They can handle it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I will fire your face on a spit! It's hating this team and all the things about it that make me dumber than a stupid. I will break the heads off my erector sets and tell them all to melt! Holy heckfire will the reckoning be fun as I make haste of its spam.

Thanks.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I know we played the Giants so it's not like we haven't had an "easy" series, but jesus:

St. Louis: Colorado, Washington, Houston, SF

Chicago: Milwaukee (oops!), Houston, Pittsburgh

Must be nice.

so is anyone else not impressed with this so called revamped bullpen. i honestly dont know if i could trust anyone in there besides shouse who is lights out with men on. other than him i just dont see anyone who is impressive.

so is anyone else not impressed with this so called revamped bullpen. i honestly dont know if i could trust anyone in there besides shouse who is lights out with men on. other than him i just dont see anyone who is impressive.

I think the bullpen is fine. McClung is the major dud and he is as good as gone.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Ned Yost continues to leave his starting pitchers in too long. I believe it's already 6 games this year where the starter was left in too long and gave up several runs right before being removed. Thankfully we've won most of those games (IIRC 5), but it's clear that as long as he keeps it up it will come back to haunt us.....

your right. and we have been carrying 12 pitchers, now 13 with gallardo back. yesterday no one was up in the bullpen going into the 7th inning--why not? and what about a long slow walk to the mound after the HR to get villy a moment? severe lack of influence on ned's part. he needs to take a page from larusso in affecting the course of a game.

I am pretty sure I like the new guys in our bullpen, the olds guys not so much.

I am happy where we are now, our offense was horrible in the Reds series and we are still 6-3.

And I am still waiting for Weeks to show something. Man when he is cold, he is cold. Ive never seen one guy hit so many pop ups and flyballs in my life. Use your speed Rickie, stick to line drives and ground balls please.

Not only is Ricky weeks hitting pop ups and fly balls pretty much our entire top half of the line up is hitting pop ups and fly balls. we swing at garbage and watch pitches go right down the middle. Overall our offense needs to improve or its going to be hard for us to win games

Archived