Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just looked at our offensive stats and was surprised how low our OPS numbers are. Not that I think they're predictive of anything, but I was honestly surprised that we could be 6-2 and only have Braun, Hall, and Kendall turning out acceptable or better (WAY better for Kendall) performances thus far. My biased memory had me thinking only Hardy and Fielder were slow out of the gates.

I don't know where to put this and I don't want to make a new thread on this but this paragraph from rotoworld made me chuckle.

Dave Bush was charged with five runs -- four earned -- in 5 2/3 innings Wednesday in a loss to the Indians.

Since Ned Yost just doesn't know how to use him, maybe Bush should go to the pen to make room for Yovani Gallardo. It happened all of the time last year that Bush would fade after five innings, and Yost has let him pitch poorly in the sixth in both of his starts this season. It was an even worse decision to keep him in tonight when they could have pinch-hit for him in the bottom of the fifth (he singled, but that's really not the point). Bush, who allowed two runs through five, gave up three singles and a sac fly before being pulled in the sixth. David Riske then came in and allowed two inherited runners to score. As a result, Bush's ERA stands at 8.44 after two starts.
http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

The first game I get to watch in its entirety was Cincy hangin 12 on us. Our outfield had a 3 Stooge-esque night, and I think Prince was checkin out Chorizo when Bush got called on that balk. And FSN, please give the Neon Shirted Vendor camera operator a raise. His camera work was rock steady, we all learned so much from your mini-documentary within a game.

These posts are hilarious. I didn't get to watch the game, but it sounds like it was a real stinker. Another quality broadcast by FSN, and another quality performance by Dave Bush and the usual thugs in the bullpen.

Ned, Bush is a 5 inning pitcher.

I watched you plenty of times last year trot him out there in the 6th, only to give up a couple runs before you finally said, "Okay, now that the damage is done, I'll make a move!"

I don't think I'll enjoy it any more than I did last season.

I think having Gross in CF negatively affects the whole OF. Who coaches these guys Sedar? First Hart lollygags and doesn't get in postition to make a decent throw, then a few innings later Braun lets a guy tag and move to second doing the same thing. Brutal. Bush deserved a lot better.

As for Gross, he was retired 3 times on a total of 3 pitches and let a ball bounce off his glove for a HR. He should not be used as anything other than a PH.

Just a bad bad game.

Bush Sucks

Turnbow Sucks

McClung sucks

Our outfield defense sucked

Prince was in lala land all day

Ned was to busy picking his nose to pay attention to the game

But at least we can still go for a 5-1 homestand this afternoon

Gallardo should be activated (He is good)

Bush should be moved to the bullpen (A guy who gets killed after 5 innings is not a starting pitcher)

McClung should be released (Um yeah he isn't very good)

Turnbow should be released (He has wore out his welcome in my humble opinion)

Mitch Stetter or Luis Pena should be called up (They are better than the bums mentioned above)

So McClung sucks - I wouldn't mind getting nothing in return for him...after all, we acquired him by a trade for Grant Balfour!

Prince Fielder is hitting like Tony Gwynn Jr., and looks lost at the plate. It is early, but he's made solid contact on very few pitches so far this season - not like he was crushing the ball all spring, either. If this continues I'm shipping some Omaha steaks to his residence!

Prince Fielder is hitting like Tony Gwynn Jr., and looks lost at the plate.

I will add: Prince's new look is horrible - nappy little dreads and high socks? Last night Braun looked like he never played in the outfield before, ever. Gross is really, really bad. Turnbow's Dr. Jekyll MO is walk followed by home run (assist goes to Gross last night). I am instantly angry everytime the camera gets a shot of Ned in the dugout.

Good news: atonement can be achieved this afternoon.

You do the wave during a pitching change. Or when the opposing team is up in a blow out.

Not... I repeat... NOT... when its 2-1 and there's 2 on and 2 out and the brewers are up!!!!!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived