Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp

I thought I was finally going to be able to watch the Brewers on Tuesday, not realizing that instead the Bucks are on FSN.

Why the hell didn't someone move them to OKC and leave the Sonics in Seattle?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ben sheets in the 8 hole. just absurd

Yeah, the pitcher in the 8 hole experiment has just been a disaster thus far.

i love it when people pick fights in the vent thread. 3000+ posts so i am sure i don't have to explain that you can still win games and make stupid managerial moves. Tell me how it has been effective. From what i see, JJ has two hits and the 8 hole has come up in a ton of rbi situations. My point is simply this, there is a reason almost every team in the recent history of the NL bats the pitcher ninth. That is becuase 8 hole gets more ABS than the 9 hole through the course of a season.

i love it when people pick fights in the vent thread. 3000+ posts so i am sure i don't have to explain that you can still win games and make stupid managerial moves. Tell me how it has been effective. From what i see, JJ has two hits and the 8 hole has come up in a ton of rbi situations. My point is simply this, there is a reason almost every team in the recent history of the NL bats the pitcher ninth. That is becuase 8 hole gets more ABS than the 9 hole through the course of a season.

No it doesn't. Those 20 PAs are easily made up by the fact that the pitcher is hit for late in games.

No it doesn't. Those 20 PAs are easily made up by the fact that the pitcher is hit for late in games.

I understand what you're saying and it makes sense, but to look at the post you replied to I think brings up a bigger concern. I don't think JJ is going to come reasonably close to last year's numbers hitting in front of the pitcher. JJ is a very good fastball hitter and if he was in the 2 spot I'm going to guess he'd see quite a few of those instead of hitting in front of the pitcher.

yes it does. are you saying that the 8 hole doesnt come up more than the 9 throughout the course of the season? Double switches whatever, anyway you shake it. The 8 hole bats more than the 9.

Has Weeks really gotten better in the field or are the scorers just being nicer to him? - he booted 3-4 balls tonight, could have really hurt, but didn't, and not one was called an error... the Reds' first run of the game could have been avoided if he just put the glove on the ball.

Archived