Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have ZERO road sweeps since June of 2004. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Cripes, you'd think eventually we'd win the last game of the series after winning the first two just on dumb luck alone.

I don't expect to usually sweep on the road, but I expect to do it more than once every four years. For whatever reason, we're not able to play a complete series on the road, and we need to be able to. Winning a series means nothing, this isn't the electoral college. A series is nothing more than a few individual games. Each game counts the same. Winning a road series 3-0 is obviously different than winning one 2-1.

People think that you should be happy as long as you won the series, the logic being that if you win most every series, you'll be in the playoffs. Problem is, it's not that simple. In some series', you'll be the team that gets swept -- you need to be able to do the same to counteract that.

Not having night games blows.

When the Brewers open their series in STL, I will have seen only 3 of 11 (barring rainouts in NY) games live to start the season, since I have morning/afternoon commitments both this weekend and next.

I love Jim Powell and Ueck, but I'm really anxious to *see* the Crew. And, during the day at work, it's hard to lock in like you really want to on the radio anyway.

Not only that, as a DTV guy I don't get the FSN-WI replays, but even if I did it's not much of a substitute. Topping it all off, I have all these other games in my face at night, which is kinda nice, but in the end only reminds me that it's NOT the Brewers.

If divorce/unemployment were viable options I might be able to change this. Otherwise I guess I'll just have to suffer.

I'll say it again. I think Dempster is gonna surprise people as a starter. I think he'll he a better version of Suppan. I just hope Wood goes on the DL big time, and Marmol implodes. Gotta get Dumpster outta that rotation.

We have ZERO road sweeps since June of 2004.

Actually if you want to get technical the game that gave us the road sweep in 2004 came on July 1st. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

i am getting sick already of people whining about gagne and the 10 million that he makes, those same people that whine about him being overpayed with piss and moan if the brewers didn't sign anybody. on top of that, all they could talk about on the post game show were the morons running on the field, nice WSSP, are we baseball fans or circus fans. i don't get why people that do that are glorified, they should be booed and criticized for being stupid, people doing that, then seeing people cheer for it, then seeing people talk about it and say it was awesome just shows that you are not a baseball fan. that is not baseball, that is idiotic, and it is a shame that our fans were portrayed like idiots today, and i wish that we weren't looking like chicago, that we actually looked like baseball fans with some passion and knowledge.

The FSN camera angles are RIDICULOUS. What are they doing??? I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt a week ago but it's EVERY GAME. They're ruining very good plays or hits by not even letting us see them!

Hey parents, if your kid is kicking the back of someone's seat, tell them to stop. If they don't stop, remove them, restrain them, spank them, I don't care. I just want to watch the game without my neck acting as a foot rest.

I even did the "seinfeld" look back at the Mom three times to no avail.

Archived