Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why Nedly took so long to warm someone up after Gagne started to stink can only be explained by the following:

"Oh, we've got a 3 run lead. I need a cup of coffee. I'll be back in a moment."

... Ten Minutes Later...

"Mmm... nothing beats a nice Starbucks mocha.... what the....? Nobody bothered to go page me?"

"Uh, Ned, you told us Starbucks Time is Quiet Time."

"Ahhh... Starbucks Time. Now where were we...?"

Yeah I'm not generally worried about RP early, they don't get enough work in spring training and many of them start out slowly.

Gameday says his fastball was in the mid 90's which is where we want it so the velocity seemed to be there. Just took Gagne some time to get the location down.

I like Orel (hey Beavis, I said Orel) and Brent Musberger, but holy jebus, what the hell was with all the "Zambrano is the best athlete on the team!" crap? Is everyone on the Cubs fat or something?

I'm going to vent about replaying games. I hate it when the station (FSN in this case but ESPN does it too) goes to commercial then has that message "Due to time constraints we will now move further ahead in our coverage." Okay I'm fine with that, nothing wrong with it. The thing that pisses me off is after they play that message they go to commercial for another 5 minutes. You just had 5 minutes of commercials! By the time you're done I just watched 10 minutes of crappy commercials, 5 minutes of which you could've been showing the game.

I'm going to vent about all the national media, particularly the lead Associated Press story that gets the most distribution, giving play to the fact that the Cubs lost, not that the Brewers won. Yeah, Fuku looks like a real ballplayer. Yeah, they were predicted to win. Yeah, Zambrano pitched lights out. But there was a corresponding narrative that might have been mentioned. Homerism, I'm sure, but I'd still like to vent. Ex-pecially since it's against a club that I almost got censured for calling a biblical term. (and I'm all with keeping this a G-rated site)

I don't know if it's a true vent, maybe just a discontented slight sigh for now, but I agree wholeheartedly about Bush not coming in for the 6th. The damage had been done by then though--our bats would've lost the game for us anyway.

I'm slightly angrier at the ump for today...the Cubs' relievers definitely got more favorable zones than T-Bow, for instance. Weeks should've come to bat in the 9th with two on.

But if Bush doesn't have his control, he really is a bad pitcher.

I think that holds true for about every pitcher in baseball.

Bush never walked more than 3 all of last season, so I would have to say today was a fluke... my biggest concern today? Another game where the Brewers take the lead early, then the bats go to sleep the rest of the game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'm slightly angrier at the ump for today...the Cubs' relievers definitely got more favorable zones than T-Bow, for instance.
I definately was thinking that during the game as well. Marmol was getting some very nice called strikes.

I missed the beginning of the game, but after watching the strike zone Marmol was getting - I couldn't figure out how Bush walked 5 batters!

I don't know if it's a true vent, maybe just a discontented slight sigh for now, but I agree wholeheartedly about Bush not coming in for the 6th. The damage had been done by then though--our bats would've lost the game for us anyway.

I'm slightly angrier at the ump for today...the Cubs' relievers definitely got more favorable zones than T-Bow, for instance. Weeks should've come to bat in the 9th with two on.

When the bats take a break from the 2nd through 7th innings, you're gonna be in a world of hurt no matter who is pitching. Even Sheets or Gallardo would have had a hard time coming away with a ND in that situation.

Archived