Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
i agree with you, i'm encouraged by the improvement, and hope it continues.. Moving Braun to left and Hall to 3rd has been a great move so far, and that has an impact on the error numbers. I also thought Hardy had a chance to dive for that ball that Barton hit and possibly knock it down and hold him to a single, and Harts misplay hurt us. There were plenty of things to point the finger at last eve. Just have to keep reminding myself were 3 games over 500 and hardly playing our best baseball.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 14 pitchers on the roster we got Melvined last night. This contiues to be borderline idiotic and could blow a few games over the next week.

Also, our hitters need to start, y'know, HITTING. Braun can't lay off the low and away stuff, Weeks seems to come to the plate with an 0-2 count, and Fielder seems to be taking at least one at-bat a night off.

A good example would be that "double" Barton hit last night -- How does a ground ball that Hardy just misses turn into a double? -- bad defense.

Couldn't agree more. I would even go as far as to call that a "lazy" play by Gabe Gross. I still can't figure out why Braun fielded that ball in the first place.

A good example would be that "double" Barton hit last night -- How does a ground ball that Hardy just misses turn into a double? -- bad defense.

Couldn't agree more. I would even go as far as to call that a "lazy" play by Gabe Gross. I still can't figure out why Braun fielded that ball in the first place.

All will be taken care of on April 29th when Mike Cameron is in CF.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Sheets and Cameron returning the same day is just fine with me. Although, I'n not too excited about Sheets missing a start already this year. If this drags on, I will have even MORE of a vent!

If this is the only start Sheets misses I will be very happy. I just hope this isn't more serious then they are leading on.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I don't think that putting Turnbow in has any thing to do with getting his confidence up, no matter what Yost says. I think it's a matter of getting his value up. The Crew know he's no long term solution, so they are hoping against hope that Turnblow goes on a hot streak so that they don't just have to DFA him.

And as far as that double last night, that's what happens when people believe that a guy who should only be put in leftfield plays in centerfield. Do you really believe a team can get away with playing a horrible defender in center and not pay the cost? Didn't they learn any thing from the Braun/Hall debacle? When your team isn't hitting at all every game is gonna be tight, so you better put your best defenders out there and hope you can win, oh I don't know, say by the score of 3 to 2.

Kapler should be playing center and Gross should be doing what he does best, which is being a lefthanded stick off the bench.

Of course, Turnbow wouldn't have been in that position had we not run ourselves into more outs in the seventh and eighth innings. We have to lead the league in the number of outs made at home plate, especially when it comes time to run the contact play while the infield is in.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

i am sure its already been vented on, but i am still mad. I can't believe he warmed up gagne. Is ned attempting suicide by fans?

I was in awe seeing Gagne was going to be brought in if the Brewers gained the lead. Ned, if 4 days in a row was your bad, how can you justify 5 days in a row? Just when I think it couldn't get any worse... the mid-June axe couldn't come soon enough.

I wouldn't. Personally, I think he needs an entire day off. As for yesterday... if Ned was going to bring Gagne in with the lead, why wouldn't he bring him in for the 9th with the score tied? That seems to be a closer role/situation for most managers (as opposed to bringing in your worst available reliever).

sweet lou warmed up wood last night with a one run lead in the 8th. The cubs blew it open, but wood still pitched the ninth.

rule = if your closer is warm you may as well pitch him

earlier this season, lou went on record before a game that followed two consecutive wood appearences and declared him unavailable.

rule = declare your overworked closer before the game unavailable and try and win the game without them

we have a yost dilema here--play just good enough to be over .500 and appear to be competitive and keep ned around all year, with a continued near daily dose of yostings happening all around us vs. a legitimate one week team slump to get us under .500 and show ned the door.

oh wait. we are over .500 only 3 weeks into the year, so give ned a break. after all, look how well he managed last year after the 24-10 start. no yostings were sighted last year were there?

really now, roster decisions and in game decisions can be difficult at times, but ned yost just has a way of creating these little controversies all the time. just like i'd like to see the brewers start hitting, i'd like to see yost display a golden touch more often. until then--it's open season.

At this point in the season, I place far more responsibility on the players themselves. Everyone is rested up, fresh to go for the season and should be ready to produce. Lack of offensive production is hurting more than any managerial decisions at this point in the season. It's time to start placing a bit more of the blame on the players, as when push comes to shove, they are the ones not getting the job done.

At this point in the season, I place far more responsibility on the players themselves. Everyone is rested up, fresh to go for the season and should be ready to produce. Lack of offensive production is hurting more than any managerial decisions at this point in the season. It's time to start placing a bit more of the blame on the players, as when push comes to shove, they are the ones not getting the job done.

I don't necessarily think anyone's not blaming the players, obviously they've been hitting poorly so they should get blamed. However, the managers job is to put his team in the best position to win. I'm not saying Yost single-handedly lost any game for the Brewers, though you could argue Sunday's game, but I simply don't feel that he's put his team in the best position to win with how he's used his bullpen the last two days. The "saving Riske for the 10th" is just a repeat of last year when he'd refuse to pitch Cordero in a tie game in the ninth, saving him for potential extra innings.

Hall and turbow as well as Eric could all be shipped out as far as i am Concern.

also starting to get fed up with Mr Weeks Thanks for blowing the game today

I guess the reports that they had gotten on Eric were Wrong.

what a waste of 10 Mil Dollars

I am starting to think that Melvin is like that dumb guy in your fantasy baseball league that you can trade anything for if you dangle some has-been in front of them. This Gagne experiment has been horrible, and I really can't imagine it somehow rectifying itself.

Maybe we need a separate GM for bullpen moves.

Archived