Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come the Cardinals can consistently take guys off the scrap heap and turn them into decent major league starters? Lohse, Carpenter (pre-injury), Looper, Suppan. There are probably more, but I'm too lazy to do any research. Is Duncan that good of a

pitching coach?

I don't see Brewer pitchers improving under Maddux. For example, Dave Bush is the same pitcher today that he was 3 years ago.

Turnbow has gotten worse every year since he got here.

This isn't really so much a vent, but it doesn't really belong anywhere else.

I'm a little annoyed at Bill's thinking of the 3rd game of the series being a "gravy day" if you've already won the first 2 games of the series. The 3rd game of the series is just another regular season game. It is not worth less than if you're going for the series win, or looking to salvage a game. It is worth the exact same as the other 161 games. A "series" is nothing more than a set of 2-4 games played at a single location. But it's not like a sport where you play 3 sets or 5 sets, and need to win the majority to take the match. Every one counts.

We haven't won a "gravy day" on the road since 2004. The approach to a game should be no different just because we have that mentality that we've already won the series.

Speaking of Bill, I absolutely cannot stand his "Tough pitch to lay off" when a player takes a close pitch with two strikes. So many times throughout the season he'll say "I'm not sure how he laid off that one, that was close to the plate!" Clearly they have a better eye from the batter's box than you do from the booth, it's like he can't understand some players have good discipline.

We haven't won a "gravy day" on the road since 2004. The approach to a game should be no different just because we have that mentality that we've already won the series.

Have we really not swept a series on the road in almost 4 years? Wow, I did not know this.

Have we really not swept a series on the road in almost 4 years? Wow, I did not know this.

Well technically we swept a two game series against the Pirates in the beginning of 2005 but yeah three or four game series' we haven't swept on the road since 2004.

My Vent.....people venting all the time....if one thing isn't wrong its another...where has everyone been the last 15 years???

I don't know about you guys, but I sure enjoy being a Brewer fan a lot more now than the old days of just praying for them to win. Now we have solid pitchers everynight instead of watching Jamie Navarro and Ricky Bones as our aces. We have a solid lineup all the way through instead of 2 guys who hit .270, one guy with 20 HR and the rest and easy outs. All this complaining is nuts, enjoy Brewer baseball folks. In 20 years when we suck again you will be saying "remember the good ole days 20 years ago. We were stacked"

Enjoy the RIDE

end of rant, go brewers!

Four days in a row with Gagne, who has already blown two saves this year. Why even risk it. Actually I think they should have Riske'd it instead.

Oh well, can't win them all, but certainly our first three game sweep on the road since '04 was well in hand.

Our awesome 10th inning rally consisted of a walk, single, booted dp ball that would have ended the inning, a wild pitch to score a run, and another ball that was playable to score another run. This offense is lights out right now. Or is it that the lights are out on the offense?

This season will become fun when those on the Milwaukee Brewers roster that are getting paid to hit a baseball hard, start hitting baseballs hard.

Archived