Brewer Fanatic

2008 Vent Thread (part 1)

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Ned have a personal problem with Hart? He was the only one amongst the young guys that had to "earn" his spot in the everyday line-up (everyone else was thrown into the fire, so to say). Hart had a break through year last year and I believe he batted 5th most of the time. So what gives? I know Ned will eventually move Bill Hall down to 6th, but I think it's time already!

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I know there are many Gross supporters on this site who love his splits against RHP and his high OBP and yadda, yadda, yadda. But you know what. I'm gonna say it. Screw Gabe Gross. I can't wait till Cameron is back and Gwynn and Kapler are healthy, then I hope it's bye bye Gabe!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I agree give Iribarren a shot he may not have the power that Gross has but how far can a ball go when you Geoff Jenkins it everytime. Hopefully Kapler will get over his sore shoulder soon so we have more than 2 people in the line up hitting better than .300.

Fire Yost

I am sick and tired of hearing that so and so pitcher has some of the best stuff in the league. You'd think the Brewers had faced 14 Cy Young candidates thus far this year. I thought there was a dearth of good pitching in MLB. Not if you happen to tune into a Brewers game and watch them bat. It's not 2004 anymore, and yet it feels the same.

My vent is the vent thread. Yes, our players make themselves look pathetic on occasion but we're 8-6 and took two of three from the Mets just last weekend.

8-6 every 14 games, which is reasonable = 92-70

Cardinals at 11-4 every 15 games, which won't happen = 118-44

We're fine. I'm going to wait until we're 10 games out in the middle of June to worry.

Gabe Gross is terrible. I'm tired of seeing him in the lineup.

Yea, all he did was go 1-3 with a BB & make a run-saving catch. Hee'zz a bummb!

My vent is when people deliver 'scouting reports' on players based on fewer than 100 AB in a single season, totally disregarding whatever else a player has done to this point.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

my vent is we only should be wooried about the brewers winning and not what the cards and cubs are doing.

I also think it time to wonder if Prince Contract might be the cause of his slow start.

Bill Hall You need to step up in that 5 hole.

Hopefully Cameron Return will give this team a boost

My only vent is that this team has to lead the league in 2nd and 3rd nobody out and only getting 1 or no runs out of it. I can think of at least 4 times that this has happened this year.

Did you copy and paste this from last year's vent thread? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

It seemed like last year we'd get the bases loaded with no outs or one out and then squeeze just one run at best out of it. This of course, would most often happen in early innings where we already held a lead and would come back to bite us in the 7th or 8th inning.

I'm sure that stats don't bear out that it was an epidemic, but man it sticks in my craw.

I can't look up that stat specifically but with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs we are hittnig .304 but with only a .658 OPS and with 15 RBI in 30 PA this year so I'd say we are do ok so far. We have 8 K in those 30 PA and 4 SF.

Archived