Brewer Fanatic

Brewers home games in HD, Fox Games

adamb100

The team announced a flurry of schedule changes on Monday including four changes to accommodate FOX network Saturday broadcasts. The games include May 10 vs. St. Louis, May 17 at Boston, Aug. 2 at Atlanta and Sept. 13 at Philadelphia. The game against St. Louis is scheduled to begin at 2:45 p.m. CT, while the three East Coast games will air at 2:55 p.m. CT.

The Brewers and Fox Sports Net Wisconsin are expected to unveil the full broadcast schedule within the next two weeks. Most Brewers home games will be broadcast in high definition, a major change from last season, with plans to add other HD games along the way.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080128&content_id=2357742&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

You poor babies, Charter doesn't even offer FSN HD in my area in Wisconsin Rapids!!! The only HD Brewer games I got were the couple that were shown on ESPN HD.

Just giving you crap, guys. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Maybe I get lucky and they do this year!!

wonder how many fox regional channels that DirecTV will give us this year. I don't have a HDTV (yet) but it would be a major selling point if DTV puts out a channel 642 HD for Brewer games.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

wonder how many fox regional channels that DirecTV will give us this year. I don't have a HDTV (yet) but it would be a major selling point if DTV puts out a channel 642 HD for Brewer games.

DTV already has an HD version of 642 as they have been using it to show the Bucks when they are in HD. Unfortunately, they turn it off when there is no game in HD being played. Don't need to subscribe to any special package. But, I believe that this will be blacked out if you aren't in a Brewers local zip code. Pitch...I think that you had said that you were located in Arizona so you would need to order up the MLB Extra Innings. Correct me if I am wrong on that

Last I checked Time Warner Cable Milw. and GB both have FSN-WI in High Def.
Dish, not sure about, since no MLB Extra Innings package.
If Charter won't upgrade FSN-WI to HD for you guys...keep bugging them!!! or ...

DirecTV will carry all HD possible because of the MLB Extra Innings deal. Channel 642 will be AWESOME http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

yeah, I'm in AZ and I always order the extra innings package as well as the Sports Pack channels. With me not having an HDTV yet, I didn't know if any other "out-of-state/market" people have been able to get the HD broadcasts last year.

I was pretty sure about them having a channel 642 HD, but didn't know if that was available only in the market or not.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yeah Appleton has FSN WI in HD. I watched a couple of games on it last year and nothing can beat it. At least we get FSN HD, now only if WLUK and LIN media would put Fox HD on Time Warner http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Looks like I subscribed to TW at the right time. I just moved in with a roommate and right before I moved in he switched from TW and had four rooms, including my bedroom, wired for DISH Network's non HD service. Shortly after that he bought an HDTV. So then we're sitting with three HDTV's and DISH's regular non HD service. I called DISH and they said it would cost $200 to have someone come out and switch it to HD.So I called TW and had them come out and hook my room back up to cable. All is right with the world once again with my HD DVR. I know TW isn't perfect but it kicks the living crap out of DISH any day of the week.

Just a reminder, as I posted in another topic earlier, here are a couple ways to contact Charter about a channel request:

Last year, I sent Charter an email requesting information on adding FSN HD in Madison and they replied with this:

Since your local Charter office has control over exactly which channels are added to your local lineup, the best method to request channels in your area is for you (and any other existing or potential Charter subscribers you know who are also interested in getting FSN HD!) to send a 3" x 5" card into your local Charter office to make them aware of the demand for FSN HD to be added to your local lineup in this upcoming channel update! Here is the address of your local Charter office:

Charter Communications

2701 Daniels St

Madison, WI 53718

You can also submit a channel request online:

http://www.charter.com/Visitors/ContactUs.aspx?contactus=6

Edit: I just found this phone number, which may be the best way to contact them about it:

How to Request a Channel Not Currently in Your Channel Lineup

Channel requests help us make decisions when we add or change a channel lineup. Please call 1-888-438-2427 to submit your channel request.

Hopefully with the amount of games being broadcast in HD this upcoming season, there will be enough interest generated for Charter to add the channel. So take a couple minutes out of your time and send a request if you're interested!

Nobody actually carries FSN HD as a "channel" per se. (though the way DirecTV does it kind of does that, but not entirely) You just need to harass them to put Brewers games that are in HD on an overflow channel. Time Warner Cable place Brewers HD games on an HD overflow channel when those games are on. FSN Wisconsin as a whole never exists as an HD channel on TWC, merely appears for games so as to simulcast them in HD.

I'm pissed as well that Charter hasn't done this yet, and with so many Brewers games in HD this year, we need to get on them to get the HD simulcasts of Brewers games going this year!

I've sent multiple requests to Charter already about it, but I just get generic responses like "We love to hear from our customers, and constantly looking to improve our program offerings", etc.

I'm not holding my breath, unfortunately. Like I said, I know someone who knows someone else at Charter, and he said their HD capacity is pretty much maxed out at this point, which is sad and pathetic in 2008.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yeah...I sent another e-mail this morning and got a really generic reply about "We understand you're having issues with your service. We need more specific data about who you are and where you're located," when the form I filled out had everything, including street address and telephone number.

I don't know...I doubt there's much we can do about the situation right now, other than switch to satellite if you're someone who really wants to see FSN Brewers games in HD this season.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

You poor babies, Charter doesn't even offer FSN HD in my area in Wisconsin Rapids!!! The only HD Brewer games I got were the couple that were shown on ESPN HD.

Just giving you crap, guys. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Maybe I get lucky and they do this year!!

Exactly why I plan on ditching Charter next year, their lack of service and committment is horrid.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived