Brewer Fanatic

question for ps3 people

patrickgpe
all right i have played the heck out of mlb 07: the show and want to get something new. I tried a few racing games and realized that i am terrible at them. I am thinking i want an action / adventure game. can someone recommend one. i am thinking resistance (i know its older), or call of duty 4. i really only have the system to play baseball so i don't know much about the other titles and going to gamestop to look at boxes doesn't really help.

I tried the Demo for Uncharted and its a very good game, that would proable be my first choice. You could also try Assassins Creed which has great graphics, I just started playing it so I cant say to much else. Ratchet and Clank is also a good game but you might have needed to play the past games to really appreciate it.

The Orange Box

Team Fortress 2 (online only, class-based FPS), and Portal (action / puzzle game -- most enjoyable experience I've had in years) alone would be worth the $50-60 pricetag. You also get one of the consensus greatest PC shooters of all time in Half Life 2, PLUS the first two episodic follow-ups to HL2.

I have Assassin's Creed as well, but TF2 has pulled me in so far that I still haven't taken AC out of its case. (And I'm not a guy who usually likes first-person shooters!) I'm sure that I'll eventually pick up Uncharted as well as Rachet & Clank, but there's too much gameplay to pass up that Orange Box.

(Note: Valve - the games' developer - handled the PC -> 360 port, but left the PS3 version up to EA. The load times are considerably better on XBox 360, FWIW, and the framerate drops during some parts of HL2. Allegedly, a patch is in the works to fix the framerate problems. Both the PS3 and 360 are getting the free, downloadable maps for TF2 that are already available on the PC.)

I rented Assasins Creed and was pretty unimpressed(of course I also have been playing Mass Effect so everything seems pretty boring compared to that.) I hear that Assasins Creed is like Hitman lite. It is an easy game. I hear lots of good things about Call of Duty 4.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164320&sec=REVIEWS

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3164177&sec=REVIEWS

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I have a PS3 for the same reason....basically just for MLB the Show. I own college basketball 2k8, which is fun, too. I had call of duty 4, which I liked a lot. I'm not a big first person shooter guy, but it was a lot of fun. The campaign is pretty short and multiplayer mode is fun, but I pretty much get slaughtered by all the teenagers that play it 24 hours a day. I beat the campaign then sold it so I can buy The Show in a few weeks. I recommend it to anyone, though.

While an original launch PS3 game, online-play for Resistance is still going pretty strong. I only recently started going online with my PS3 and I've been enjoying it a lot. That said, maybe COD4 is a better purchase at this point. I've heard great things about it and it won a bunch of awards last year. The sequel to Resistance is supposed to come out late this year and I would imagine the number of online participants would probably drop considerably.

I have Call of Duty 4, it is a fun game. I suck at FPS games, but this game makes you better at it and is fun. Multiplayer modes are pretty cool, too.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived