Brewer Fanatic

Lost?

bbrauch2000
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed this weeks episode and not as much for the Locke stuff but more for the added insight into Whitmore and Ben. I have always like Ben as a bad guy and I am glad they did not string out this is he good or is he bad thing with Ben. It seemed like this season and part of last they were trying to paint Ben as a kind of good guy or at least a bad guy with good motives or whatever.

Also, is it just me or did the episode go 5 minutes longer than usual. I looked at my phone and it was like 9:05

I really enjoyed this weeks episode and not as much for the Locke stuff but more for the added insight into Whitmore and Ben. I have always like Ben as a bad guy and I am glad they did not string out this is he good or is he bad thing with Ben. It seemed like this season and part of last they were trying to paint Ben as a kind of good guy or at least a bad guy with good motives or whatever.

Also, is it just me or did the episode go 5 minutes longer than usual. I looked at my phone and it was like 9:05

I'm still not sure at this point that you can assume that Ben is the "bad guy." We don't really know anyone's actual intentions when it comes to the Island. And yes it did go long but it seemed like the last commercial break was noticeably longer.

I'm still not sure at this point that you can assume that Ben is the "bad guy." We don't really know anyone's actual intentions when it comes to the Island. And yes it did go long but it seemed like the last commercial break was noticeably longer.

In no way do I think Ben is "the bad guy." However, I do think it is more apparent after last night that he is a little less ambiguous. The strangling John thing at least leads that he is not a good guy. At the same time I do not think Whitmore is a good guy either. That story line is going to be really fun to follow

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
In a way it's almost as if the story arc is finally in ACT II. The first three (four?) seasons were setting up the characters and their motivations and now we're finally moving the story along and adding some depth. I'm guessing ACT III will be this "war" that Widmore mentioned. I'm enjoying the season so far. It's almost like you have to look at several episodes in retrospect to gain an appreciation for them as a whole.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It's almost like you have to look at several episodes in retrospect to gain an appreciation for them as a whole.
And that is why so many people gave up on the show way too early or still watch but can't get into it because they are constantly calling it "garbage" and other anti-fanboy type things. Sure, some of the middle season (3-4) episodes were pretty slow but so are some middle chapters in some fantastic novels. They all pay off in the end but you have to stick it out.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

My thoughts on why Ben killed him instead of the suicide are that a lot of the John Locke story has been rather biblical and perhaps the reincarnation that happens on the island couldn't happen if Locke were to take his own life? Or perhaps that Ben knew that they had to replicate exactly how the journey to the island was the first time and maybe Jack's dad didnt drink himself to death as previously advertised? Ben is very Utilitarian so if he has to get a little blood on his hands to ensure that what is to happen in the future will be for the greater good?

Or was Ben going to let him live until Locke mentioned the name Eloise Hawking and that caused Ben to change his mind about Locke living? That's always a possibility. Or is that too easy of an answer for it to be correct?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

And that is why so many people gave up on the show way too early

I gave it three seasons. That was enough. Season 1 was great but I'm not going to invest more than 20 hours of viewing to wait for something to happen.

After the whole thing is done, I'd love if they came out with a DVD version, where they cut out all the filler and subplots that go nowhere and gave me 20 hours of great TV.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Russ,

That's pretty much been eliminated now. I agree there was a lot of excess early on but they actually have a direction now. I'd rent last year's season and you should be good to go.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived