Brewer Fanatic

Lost?

bbrauch2000
Verified Member
I just hope they don't spend most of next season just following the Oceanic Six.

I thought I heard that next season will be about the 6 adjusting to life off the island and the last season with them trying to get back to the island.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wouldn't be surprised to see an episode in the next season or two about the ship The Orchid that wrecked on the island. My guess is that's where the whole mystery of the place started and that one guy that is an Other (he played the Cuban dude on Suddenly Susan) was captain of the ship. For those that didn't see it, he was there when Ben was a little kid.....hasn't aged a day.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think that the name of the wrecked ship is the Black Rock. A friend of mine had an awesome idea on that. Richard (that's the Spanish looking who never ages) was Ponce de Leon's first mate or at least a member of Ponce de Leon's second ship. Richard and the others are the survivors of that ship wreck but they did find the fountain of youth, hence he's always the same. I'm not sure that will be the answer, but it's a very interesting idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to read anything in this thread without having seen the final few episodes, but all I want to say is that The Constant(Desmond episode) was probably THE BEST hour of Lost I've ever seen.

Holy crap

3TO Apostle

Man, that episode had to be so unsuspenseful for philosophy majors. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I figured it was something like that during the show, but didn't know until I googled it.

• 8 months later...

So, did I just bump up the lost thread, or was it always moving in time, and just happened to show up after such an amazing episode?

There were so many good writing points / continuity falling in on itself, that I don't know where to begin. Please tell me that other people are still watching.

Yep, still watching. I, too, enjoyed the episode last night.

I still think the show is great. Sure, the last few seasons were a little questionable, but I still watched and was entertained. I like how they are "slowly" answering some questions this year, too.

Wonder if they'll show what happened to the plane and the other passengers. When in time did they arrive on the island? Guess we'll find out next week.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yep, still watching. I like the fact that the show is answering some questions this season.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I tried to find a lost thread a while back but could not find it. I think this season has been very good. I enjoyed last season a lot as well. I am glad they do not seem to be dragging a bunch of stuff out this season. The episodes seem to go so quickly. I am hoping for a couple two hour episodes here and there because they are more satisfying.

I think there are a lot of questions still left to answer but I agree with everyone that they are doing a nice job slowly answering some of the smaller questions.

This season has been great. Many answers have been given, but those answers only provide more questions.

From last night's episode, I wonder what exactly happened to Ben as he was obviously physically accosted. It looked like he was calling Jack from some sort of marina, could he have gone after Penny (for his vendetta against Widmore)? Was he responsible for Kate no longer having Aaron? Another interesting thing is how Faraday is the only person seemingly immune to the nosebleeds the other island-bound people have been having. Theorizing on these things is interesting. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I appreciate the answers, but I was hoping that they'd manage the plot developments with character developments better. Still, I'm enjoying the season as it really feels like it's moving forward towards an end point.

Also, Brian K. Vaughn apparently has developed no sense of shame. I laughed at the Y, el Ultimo Hombre product placement.

Robert

Also, Brian K. Vaughn apparently has developed no sense of shame. I laughed at the Y, el Ultimo Hombre product placement.

In all fairness, it wasn't Vaughn's script they were working off. Although he is a writer for Lost (who last wrote Ep. 5.4 two weeks ago), Wednesday's ep. was written by the show's producers, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. The comic reference actually worked on a second level, besides Vaughn's involvement:

...it paralleled the Spanish issue of Justice League that Walt had on the Island in the first season...
...the one with the Polar Bear.

It looked like he was calling Jack from some sort of marina, could he have gone after Penny (for his vendetta against Widmore)?

He told Jack that he had a promise to keep before going back to the Island. Last season, after Alex was murdered, Ben told Widmore that he would kill Penny. It's what I was thinking before we ever saw the phone call. Of course, there were multiple references as to how you can't take anything Benjamin Linus says as true (Ms. Hawking's statement, plus Ben's mentioning that his mother taught him to read....even though we saw in a flashback that his mother died almost immediately after he was born).

The aspects of the story that I've been wondering about recently:
1) How did the British Army (young Widmore) find the Island.
2) Why hasn't old Widmore know about Ms. Hawking's 'window' calculations....or will the Island just not let him come back?
3) Did the Ajira(?) flight to Guam crash? If not, why did the canoe that Sawyer, Daniel, et. al. found on the beach in the near future have one of their bottled waters?

yeah...

Stephen daedulus is traipsing through the basic plot outline of the odyssey (which is about odysseus' 10 year journey home to ithaca ...ulysees is odysseus in latin) in dublin ireland... ulyssees is the only greek to make it home after the trojan war...all the others are killed en route... Haven't actually read the joyce, but i'm guessing they just wanted to give us a "modern" version of the homeward journey that ben is taking back to the island

also worth noting that daedelus is the father of icarus, who fell into the sea...

If I'm remembering my Greek mythology, Ulysses is waylaid by the sirens or Circe, which is why his journey home takes even longer, allowing usurpers to his throne to try to move in. (At least, that's what I remember from the Wishbone version on PBS a few years ago.)

I remember reading an interesting parallel between the story of Odysseus, as a warrior in the Trojan War and his subsequent years-long return to his home, and Desmond, as a warrior in the war against Charles Whidmore (for Penny) in his boat race around the world (and his subsequent years-long return to home). Perhaps that could play an intriguing part in the storyline?

Archived