Brewer Fanatic

Lost?

bbrauch2000

I thought a lot of yesterday's episode was lame. The only point of the Jin scenes were to fool the viewer, otherwise they had no content. Thankfully I had taped it so I could fast forward through some of the endless Jin and/or Sun dialogue scenes. (and why in the world isn't the word "dialogue" in the firefox spell checker?)

The only thing worthwhile out of the episode is that we found out Mike was on the boat, and Jin has a tombstone that lists his death as the date of the plane crash. So it seems that what's probably bothering the 6 in the flash forwards is that everyone else is assumed dead when they're actually still on the island.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They gave clues to it being a flashback so i dont think anything was done to deceive anyone. The year of the dragon was a dead give away that this was a flashback. His cell phone, which they made a huge effort to get us to look at, was also really old

Yeah the cellphone was an easy clue. And just because only 6 (of the Oceanic) survivors got off the island does not mean that everyone else is dead. Jack was obviously lying when he was on the stand in Kate's trial. Everyone probably stayed back on the island and that is why Jack said "we have to go back."
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"The year of the dragon was a dead give away that this was a flashback."

Why?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"The year of the dragon was a dead give away that this was a flashback."

Why?

The last year of the dragon was 2000. Sun would have given birth in 2005, the year of the rooster.

Wikipedia page on the Chinese calendar.

I didn't catch that when I watched it because I'm not well versed on Chinese calendar cycles. I was pretty sure what was happening due to the cell phone and Jin's hair/appearance. It also didn't make sense why he *needed* the panda bear for Sun and the child. I thought it was a pretty lame plot device as well... the show itself was alright. Better than last week's.

Although last night's episode didn't reveal much, I was pretty emotionally-affected by the ending (given that JJ Abrams isn't trying to pull a fast one on us and Jin will, in fact, suffer the fate that was shown at the end of the episode).

I thought I saw 2004 as the year he died.....and if the baby was born at 9 months that would have put her and Hurley in 2005 at the gravestone. I believe they crashed in Sept. 04.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"The last year of the dragon was 2000."

Ah, of course. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I wasn't expecting Michael to have made it completely off the island and then directed to get onto the boat by the others, who evidently can come and go from the island to rendevous with their boyfriends--with what means of transportation, I don't know. I figured he'd follow the coordinates which would lead him to this boat.

And now not another episode until April 24? Did I see that right?

"rendevous with their boyfriends"

Yeah, what was that about? I thought that was an odd way to develop that character. Like we needed to know his sexual orientation. Maybe it will come up again later on.

They were allegedly using the sub to get off the island before Locke blew it up.

Yes, the next episode is in late April... the episode that aired last night was going to be the season finale had the writer's strike not been resolved. There will now be 5 more episodes, airing consecutively in late April through May.

Homer, Friendly being Gay was established early in the 2 or 3rd season when they captured Kate and he told her to take a shower and get dressed, she said some snide comment about him watching and he tells her something to the effect that women "arent his type".

So Michael is able to keep the boat from going anywhere and now everyone on the boat is slowly going mad and killing themselves, looks like that is Ben's way of having people killed without killing them, have them kill themselves.

Is that another landing party that killed Rouseau?

"Is that another landing party that killed Rouseau?"

Could be the rest of the The Others. Didn't they move to another part of the island at one point?

My thoughts were a different group from the boat is looking for the "Temple" also. In the flashback to the boat with Michael/Kevin, it appeared that they have some serious firepower and they haven't shown it off yet. If there really is a "mission to get Ben and kill everyone else," then a second landing group with guns would make some sense.

Also, anyone having trouble watching this in Time Warner HD. Mine kept breaking up and pixelating. I had to switch to regular TV.

Interesting, ours was doing the same thing, but we thought it was the DVR.

Ben did make the comment that "everyone else is already there", so that makes it sound like it's the Others. Of course then the question becomes did he send them there to get killed?

Interesting, ours was doing the same thing, but we thought it was the DVR.

Ben did make the comment that "everyone else is already there", so that makes it sound like it's the Others. Of course then the question becomes did he send them there to get killed?

That was my thought as well....but it doesn't mesh with Ben's rationale to Michael about his not killing people. Not that that's entirely consistent itself (as he left Locke to die after shooting him....maybe he knew that the Island wouldn't let JL die?).

That being said, if it was another team from the Widmore boat....how did they get to the island? We've only seen one helicopter / pilot. (Speaking of whom, does anyone else think that Mr. Widmore put the pilot on the away team so that he would be killed, thus removing the loose end to the false 815?)

So glad I finally got caught up with this show, even though there's a month until the next new show!

"but it doesn't mesh with Ben's rationale to Michael about his not killing people"

Didn't Ben kill his father?

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised no one had anything to say after this awesome episode. Lots of shooting, a little killing, some more questions about Ben.

It looks like there must be some way that Ben can move off the island and go back. And I don't get how no one can find it (the other dimension thing?).

I know one thing, the constant flash backs and forwards have left me feeling like I'm watching that backward Seinfeld episode. Maybe they'll put out a version of Lost in which all the stories are in proper order, but that'll be at least a few years from now.

I thought last weeks episode was awesome. It explained some things, but as per usual left enough questions to keep things interesting.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm just annoyed that Sayid of all people doesn't see through Ben's clear manipulation (read: murder). Or at least they chose to portray it that way, even if he does have suspicions about him. Seriously, after all he went through on the island, he just ups and works for Ben?

• 3 weeks later...
Verified Member

Anyone else think it was a real solid episode last night?

They show how the 6 are transported off the island (assumed)...

Claire's mother telling Jack that he and Claire are sisters...

The "Others" are back...

The lies about what happened during the crash and the reporter poking holes in Kate's story, Claire's mom (and other family members) don't know the truth...

The raft bringing people to the boat, but the boat is loaded with explosives...

Ben turning himself in to Linus, in an effort to get Locke to the Orchid to "move the island"...

An important episode, but it didn't do much more than whet my appetite for the season finale in 2 weeks.

(On a related note, I'm glad Nestor Carbonell's show on CBS appears to have been cancelled, as it gives the writers much more freedom in using the Richard Alpert character.)

It really feels like (with one exception or so) they've really found their groove this season. I just hope they don't spend most of next season just following the Oceanic Six.

Archived