Brewer Fanatic

Lost?

bbrauch2000
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"All I kept thinking was "Number Johnny 5 is Alive!" or expecting the cat to come with tomorrows newspaper."

You know that guy (Fisher Stevens) dated Michelle Pfeiffer at one point?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

This is wierd. I watched the episode with three other Lost fans and I think this season has been awesome but I thought last night's episode was the worst episode I've ever seen, regardless of the season.

I think it is because we're not that all in to Desmond's character that much.

I watched the episode with three other Lost fans and I think this season has been awesome but I thought last night's episode was the worst episode I've ever seen, regardless of the season That's funny because, while being pretty down on the series as a whole lately, I mostly enjoyed last night's episode. It was a lot more sci fi adventure, which I suspect doesn't appeal to the average Lost fan (I could be completely wrong). The part I hated, though, was when Faraday was trying to justify the need for Desmond to find a "constant" and relating it to the constant in algebra. Yeh, OK, that makes so much sense. I realize it's simply a plot device but it should be justified somehow.

I did like how there wasn't two Desmonds, only the single Desmond going back and forth. I don't understand why the default Desmond was the 1996(?) one, however. The gentlemen on the boat with the same affliction seemed to be the present version of himself (if that makes any sense). Did I miss something?

I did like how there wasn't two Desmonds, only the single Desmond going back and forth. I don't understand why the default Desmond was the 1996(?) one, however. The gentlemen on the boat with the same affliction seemed to be the present version of himself (if that makes any sense). Did I miss something?

Hmmm, good catch. I didn't notice that at first, but it brings up an interesting point.

That is a really good guess, LTR. Makes perfect sense. Kinda PO'd you mentioned it because now it won't be a surprise. I hate your face. (see drunk thread)
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Last night's was sort of "meh" - kind of interesting that Locke apparently knows the mole on the ship.

id say it was pretty meh. seems likely that the mole is gonna be michael(walts father)

well next week we get to find out the last of the oceanic 6.......jack, kate, hurley, sayid, ................., .......................

does the baby count or does ben count as one ?

Last night's was definitely a letdown compared to Desmond's episode ("The Constant"). As for the Oceanic 6, the producers have stated that within two weeks, we will have a concrete knowledge of who they all are (if Aaron counts as one, etc.).

Yah, Thursday's episode was the weakest of the season by far. The ending was terrible. I like Juliet's character, but they haven't made her as strong as it takes for her to be eminently important to the story of the island, IMO.

Allegedly next week's episode is supposed to be one of the more revealing episodes of the series. I'll hold my breath. This season has been decent, but everything has become terribly repetitive. It feels like they are trying to milk the creative spirit of the first season, only to recycle it and surprise people who don't remember it. For instance, it is now so obvious that Michael is that the captain of the boat (if he isn't, that WOULD be a shocker) that I don't care. I'm more interested in the Desmond storyline than anything, and he was a second season character. I think that says something.

have heard the "mole" could be walt...and that the inclusion of the actor playing michael's name in the credits is a red herring to get everyone to think it's him...

anyway, it definitely will not be a surprise if it is michael...

now, for a surprise, it needs to be boone or echo's brother or something excessively wacky

my DVR shut off at the 58' mark on the Desmond episode. It shut off while Desmond was telling Penny that he was going to call her 8 years from now. Did anything happen after that? The biggest reveals happen in the last minute and i was ticked that i missed it.

"my DVR shut off at the 58' mark on the Desmond episode. It shut off while Desmond was telling Penny that he was going to call her 8 years from now. Did anything happen after that? The biggest reveals happen in the last minute and i was ticked that i missed it. "

Yeah, he called her from the boat and she answered. The Faraday looked through his notebook and saw that he had written "If anything happens, use Desmond as your constant".

The reason I think Ben could be one of the 6 is because the producers have been hyping the possibility a bit, saying that he may have taken the identity of one of the passengers. The one thing that makes me wonder about whether this is actually the case is that obviously someone with a lot of money is after Ben, and being one of the 6 would make him somewhat easy to find.

He would have to pick a passenger with no friends and no family. Dont forget, these people are famous. even if someone had a job, no friends, no family, no nothing, and he were killed in a plane crash, when that person resurfaced after living on an island, you (as an employer or co-worker) would take notice...and when that person was actually someone else all together you would probably speak up. With as famous as the Oceanic 6 are, I dont see how anyone could assume an identity. If they could, Kate would have been the first in line. Sawyer too (who I believe decides to stay on the island with Locke)

Just a thought - since Locke has no friends or family to speak of, what if Ben assumed his name as his alias? Locke's con artist father is dead, he grew up in foster homes, and worked for a "box" company. Would anybody really care if he was a survivor and seek him out?

I don't think it's likely, however, since the survivors would be celebrities upon returning and would be frequently photographed - making it easy for whoever is hunting Ben to find him.

Gruber Lawffices

Is this the first time they did that? I don't remember that being used in other episodes. Kind of a cheap device.

The whole flashforward/flashback tonight was completely obvious. It wouldn't have proved anything if Jin had been in the same flashforward as Sun. Although the episode as it was really didn't prove that much either, other than the fact that Jin is "dead."
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I'm curious:

Does Jin die on the escape from the island? Is he one of many who do and only 6 return alive? Or does he die some random death on the island and he leaves the island posthumously. We know of one additional death...the coffin at the end of last season I think.

So I'm assuming Michael is Ben's spy and wrote the letter to Sayid & Desmond to not believe the captain. The captain suggests the dead bodies from the staged plane crash came from Ben somehow, that's why they're looking for him. Why would Michael be Ben's spy though? Was it some deal for Walt? Anyone have ideas?

Archived