Brewer Fanatic

Lost?

bbrauch2000

I'm not sure whether or not Claire is dead, but IIRC, according to "fate" she wasn't supposed to raise Aaron in the long run, so it's entirely possible that Kate stole him, or that Claire gave him up. After all, Claire was traveling to the US to give the baby up for adoption.

My guess though is that Aaron isn't one of the Oceanic Six. I'm not sure who 5 is, but I'm guessing 6 is Ben.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure whether or not Claire is dead, but IIRC, according to "fate" she wasn't supposed to raise Aaron in the long run, so it's entirely possible that Kate stole him, or that Claire gave him up. After all, Claire was traveling to the US to give the baby up for adoption.

My guess though is that Aaron isn't one of the Oceanic Six. I'm not sure who 5 is, but I'm guessing 6 is Ben.

My assumption is they call them the "Oceanic 6" because they were PASSENGERS on the plane. Aaron wasnt a passenger and neither was Ben. Neither were Desmond or Juliet. All 4 of them could survive and get off the island and they wouldnt be reported as survivors of the plane crash. There was a passenger list, when people like Ben, Aaron, Desmond, etc. werent on it, they would not be called Oceanic survicors

The reason I think Ben could be one of the 6 is because the producers have been hyping the possibility a bit, saying that he may have taken the identity of one of the passengers. The one thing that makes me wonder about whether this is actually the case is that obviously someone with a lot of money is after Ben, and being one of the 6 would make him somewhat easy to find.

The reason I think Ben could be one of the 6 is because the producers have been hyping the possibility a bit, saying that he may have taken the identity of one of the passengers. The one thing that makes me wonder about whether this is actually the case is that obviously someone with a lot of money is after Ben, and being one of the 6 would make him somewhat easy to find.

He would have to pick a passenger with no friends and no family. Dont forget, these people are famous. even if someone had a job, no friends, no family, no nothing, and he were killed in a plane crash, when that person resurfaced after living on an island, you (as an employer or co-worker) would take notice...and when that person was actually someone else all together you would probably speak up. With as famous as the Oceanic 6 are, I dont see how anyone could assume an identity. If they could, Kate would have been the first in line. Sawyer too (who I believe decides to stay on the island with Locke)

For the record, I think one of the remaining two is Sun. Jin may or may not be the 6th, but I really feel Sun gets off the island. Especially when she said she wants to raise "my baby in Korea" and Jin says, "you mean our baby." That could be an indication that Sun is prepared to raise the child herself if Jin doesnt make it off the island.

I could definitely see Sun as one of the Six. For the two of the eight crash survivors that supposedly died (at least according to Jack last night), I wonder who they're supposed to be? Maybe Michael and Walt, who are actually living but under assumed names?

The only reason I said Aaron was one of the 6 is because last week I'm 95% sure they said that in this week's episode another member of the 6 would be revealed. And the only person that the flash forward added was Aaron. So therefore, if they did say that another member of the 6 would be revealed, it is Aaron.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

The only reason I said Aaron was one of the 6 is because last week I'm 95% sure they said that in this week's episode another member of the 6 would be revealed. And the only person that the flash forward added was Aaron. So therefore, if they did say that another member of the 6 would be revealed, it is Aaron.

I remember that quip, but I think it was in reference to the last episode, with Sayid.

I remember that quip, but I think it was in reference to the last episode, with Sayid.

I'm fairly sure they also said it after Sayid's episode, not just about Sayid's episode the week before. I could be wrong, though. I can check on my DVR when I get back to Milwaukee and let you guys know if you'd like?

I was checking out the Lost Wikipedia (not Wikipedia, but a separate one that is just Lost related) and from what I've read, it looks like I'm mistaken. The general consensus is that the four so far are Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid and that Ben and Aaron have also survived but are not included in the 6. Also, as for Claire, Desmond did tell Charlie that he had a vision of Claire and Aaron both getting on a helicopter so she could still be one of the 6.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

After seeing Aaron, my initial reaction was thinking back to the casket at the funeral home during the final episode of last season.

Aaron's casket or someone else's? That casket was too big to be a child, IMO. I would have guessed it was Ben's.

Best episode of the season tonight. They created some more questions, but answered enough in the meantime to leave me satisfied. The time travel aspect is pretty interesting, both the perceived difference in time between island and boat and Desmond's issues as well.

All I can say about tonight's episode is wow. Talk about making things even more interesting. It definitely gives Faraday some credibility as a character instead of him being just some random guy from the freighter.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I foresee Faraday pulling some shenanigans in order to keep his 'constant' from getting away from him.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

very interesting and gripping episode. the only thing wrong with it was that it was so riveting that the hour flew by way too fast.

so far this season has been a solid A- in my book.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I don't know if anyone else here has read it, but tonight felt very much like The Time Traveler's Wife. The main character in that book traveled back and forth through time, experiencing a wide variety of things, like meeting himself as a young boy. Very bizarre, kind of creepy (the episode), but very interesting.

If I recall correctly, I think Jack referred to whoever was in the coffin as "him". Can someone verify? Since no one else went to the funeral, and the Oceanic 6 are famous, I'm thinking it's someone else, maybe someone involved in the rescue (Farraday, etc.) or someone who was involved with the "others" or the Project.

Because Kate asks Jack about coming to see the baby, it could mean that she wants him to connect with Aaron as a survivor, or it could deal with the fact that Jack is the baby's uncle. Since Jack doesn't know he's the uncle yet, maybe that will get revealed before he leaves and Claire gives the baby to Kate and Jack (who she finds out is her 1/2 brother) because she's dying, believes the psychic, etc.

The time travel/ alternate dimension angle seems to be making more and more sense. They explained the Black Rock a little more today at the auction in 1996, supporting the idea that it someone got "teleported" to the island.

Yeah, I'm almost positive the casket contained a 'him'.

And where else does Black Rock occur? I've watched this season and the last two within the last couple of months and forget some of the details that don't happen every episode, but I know I've heard black rock before.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The black rock is the ship that contains the dynamite that they use to blow open the hatch in season 2 (?). It was found by Rousseau in the middle of the jungle and the big question was how did it get there.

Did anyone notice the wormholes that Faraday had drawn on his chalkboard. Pretty out there physics in tonights episode but I'm a big fan of that type of stuff so I was loving this episode. Great ending too, if they would have killed Desmond I would have been pissed.

Ben is too easy of an answer to me as to who is in the casket. It makes a lot of sense, but this is Lost. Being that the events of the close of season 3 could have taken long after they were on the island, or even Kate's court case, I think that the casket belongs to Aaron. How they're screwing with timelines lately, it wouldn't shock me if that episode's flashforwards took place at different times. The casket seemed abnormally short to me and while Walt's name was tossed around here in the previous season's Lost thread, that doesn't make sense to me.

Speaking of Walt, Harold Perrineau, the guy who plays his father Michael, has been a credited cast member since the first episode of this season after not being credited in season 3. He still hasn't appeared on screen but I have a feeling it's going to happen any time now.

Thanks, bthurley. I forgot that was a ship they found. Interesting how it was Penny's dad who won the bidding for that ship's ledger. I don't know why, but I like when they have those "outside world" ties to plot lines on the island.

Archived