Don McMahon

Felix Mantilla

John Antonelli

Rico Carty

Tony Cloninger

Ernie Johnson

Felipe Alou

Bobby Thomson

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I'd like to know who voted for Yost

Jerry Augustine gets 4 votes but my all time favorite Johnny Briggs, who at the time the Brewers traded him was carrying a .447 OBP still gets zero? Are you kidding?

Briggsie, you were just ahead of your time. Nobody valued on base percentage in those days.

who voted on this? I totally missed this (in the news, that is. I KNOW that I didn't have a vote.)

"Idiots vote." Belling just said that. He's talking about what a travesty it is that Burdette didn't get in, considering that Burdette pitched what many baseball historians call the greatest pitching performance in the history of the World Series. Belling said that Attanasio should override the vote and put him in the Walk of Fame.

I haven't seen this year's voter list, but in the past, I've been concerned when I've seen their names. Too many of them don't strike me as people who are known for doing their homework. Not including Lew Burdette just reinforces that thought.

I'm glad to see George Scott getting a bit more recognition, though. I'm not saying he should necessarily be on the Walk, but I'd hate to see him dumped from the ballot.

Speaking of Lew, his first name is spelled wrong in the list above, and I know for a fact that it's not Jamie's doing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif It'd have been interesting if he'd have been chosen, and the Brewers got all the way to the plaque stage with the name spelled "Lou".

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I am not sure who the voters are. I'd like to think that Ben Oglivie should have gotten the votes, but he and Cooper are my favorite players, so I'm admittedly biased.

I get these emails from the Brewers as part of my media privileges and for the most part, I just copy and paste them for the site. I, as speculated, never noticed the incorrect spelling of Burdette, or I'd have fixed it.

Maybe I should pine to get a rep from this site to become a voter...

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I believe they send the ballots to all Wisconsin newspaper sports editors. I previously worked for a newspaper and the sports editor was uninterested in filling out the ballot so I took it just to see who was on the ballot. I never mailed it in.

I would guess that other Wisconsin sports media types (radio and TV) would also get votes.

Speaking of Lew, his first name is spelled wrong in the list above

Casey and I did a Google search comparison around the time Burdette died, and found more uses of Lew than Lou. However, I'm going to back off on Lou being "wrong," because when the museum at my workplace had that Braves/Brewers exhibit last year, there were multiple references to both spellings among the memorabilia collected for that display.

Maybe Mr. Burdette liked both, or liked keeping editors on their toes.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I get these emails from the Brewers as part of my media privileges and for the most part, I just copy and paste them for the site.
I was intentionally vague because I didn't know if you considered your source to be private or not. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Do they have a set ballot (with Pre-determined candidates), or are they simply permitted to write down whomever they please?
I think the ballot has always been predetermined. But, since names are now being eliminated, I'd think it pretty much needs to be at this point.
I believe they send the ballots to all Wisconsin newspaper sports editors....

I would guess that other Wisconsin sports media types (radio and TV) would also get votes.

The list isn't that big. You'll see some of the same names on the list yearly. Others are rotated. Voters include media types and several Brewer employees. I believe current Walk of Fame members get to vote, too.

The Brewers never announce the voters' names until the results have been announced. That's because they don't want peons like us personally lobbying the voters. I got that tidbit from a Brewer executive three or four years ago.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived