Brewer Fanatic

Anyone Ever Been Parasailing?

bobbledude25

I went parasailing in Mexico, and I didn't think it was that great. It wasn't that I got sea sick, or was afraid of heights or anything like that... I just thought it was pretty uneventful and boring. But some people love it, so I guess whatever floats your boat.

I can never remember if parasailing or paragliding is the one I did in Corfu. I did whichever one involves getting pulled behind a boat with a parachute attached to me! My sister and I did a tandem dealie, but the parachute didn't fill with air right away so it mostly felt like waterskiing with my face as we were dragged through the water for about 100 yards!

Second time, about 5 minutes later (when the contents of the Adriatic were removed from my nose), the chute inflated and we had a very enjoyable little flight. I'm not a huge fan of heights, but, like ballooning, (which is also fun) you never really get that vertigo feeling, just an incredibly peaceful great view.

Archived