Brewer Fanatic

Top 10 of Wisconsin

jaybird2001wi
9) Appleton (somehow weird crimes and unsolved homicides occur here)

I moved to Appleton over 10 years ago and barely remember a murder, much less unsolved or any weird crimes for that matter.

Fond du Lac should move to #1 worst city. Spend any amount of time there and you will reach the same conclusion. They have more guys over 30 who still want to fight than any town in the country.

even though I live in Fond du Lac, I might actually have to agree with you. It is amazing how many people still think they are in high school, the bar scene is terrible basically because people are idiots and think way way to highly of themselves. To qoute "Well I was 2nd team all conference back in 1985 so you can just go ___ yourself" And so on and so forth. I would assume all cities have those type of people though

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9) Appleton (somehow weird crimes and unsolved homicides occur here)

I moved to Appleton over 10 years ago and barely remember a murder, much less unsolved or any weird crimes for that matter.

Fond du Lac should move to #1 worst city. Spend any amount of time there and you will reach the same conclusion. They have more guys over 30 who still want to fight than any town in the country.

even though I live in Fond du Lac, I might actually have to agree with you. It is amazing how many people still think they are in high school, the bar scene is terrible basically because people are idiots and think way way to highly of themselves. To qoute "Well I was 2nd team all conference back in 1985 so you can just go ___ yourself" And so on and so forth. I would assume all cities have those type of people though

After hanging out in FDL during high school (not too many choices when you live in Mayville), and after living in Sheboygan, for 2 cities of similar size, Sheboygan is MUCH more boring. FDL has a better mall (more stuff to do there), a more exciting downtown, and less pedophiles and drug dealers and general idiots living there. Neither one is a fantastic place, but if I had to choose, I'd choose FDL in a heartbeat.

I remember the Laurie Depies case a lot. I was like 8 or 9 at the time of the missing persons report being aired on television. I always wondered how far along the investigation is at this point. That case is about as cold as a frozen pond right now.

In Racine, Sheriff's investigators are still holding out hope of identifying this person found near Burlington in 1999. It went as far as the Lake County, Ill. coroner attempting to assist Racine county in this case, but nothing could ever be uncovered.

One of the worst cities, but I guess this would qualify as a town, but we call it a city, is Watertown. It is really boring and nothing goes on at all. The only times something happens is if Riverfest happens, a big attraction, and homecoming for our football team. Otherwise, it is a very boring town and everyone should not try to come here to search for fun.

As a Racine native, I have to disagree. Beautiful beaches, symphony orchestra, art museums, theater guild, live music series, zoo, extensive parks, etc. There are a couple of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings of historical significance, the tallest lighthouse on the Great Lakes. I played municipal softball, basketball and volleyball. I have walked the length and breadth of Racine many times with no problems. If you are looking for trouble, you will probably find it. If you are not looking for trouble, it is unlikely to find you. Proximity to Milwaukee and Chicago presents more things to do. On the other hand, I went to school in Madison and found it to be one of the filthiest cities I have ever experienced. Not to mention all the PC that goes with both a college town and the seat of Government. You couldn't pay me to live there. Different strokes for different folks.

Archived