Brewer Fanatic

Houston Series May 2-4th

brewtown82

Brewtown-

I'm heading down there for all three games. Myself and two other guys, all of which are between 25-30. I'm not sure where we are staying yet, but we'll definitely be hitting some bars, both before and after the games. Send me a message if you want to talk about it in more detail.

For anyone that's been there before, what are some good bars in that area? Should we stay downtown somewhere (we are renting a car?). Any places in the park we should make a point to sit in? or not sit in for that matter? The tickets go on sale in a couple weeks...thanks.

My main quibble there is that there's no tailgating, unless you can bribe one of the parking attendants as we did last year (passersby looked at us grilling brats as if we were assaulting a she-goat). There's a good barbecue joint on the other side of the freeway and some decent sports bars nearby (get a "michelada" at least once), but it's not the hotspot in town. Where to go, of course, depends on your taste. We went to Chinatown and near Rice University and had a real good time. Houston's pretty spread out and the traffic makes the Marquette Interchange construction look like a cruise down Lake Drive.

As for the stadium, I found the place a dump compared to Miller, but not so much a dump as Wrigley (I did not stand in a puddle of urine).

That's disappointing, the stadium always looks pretty cool on TV. I guess we'll wait and see, I'm curious as to how many Brewer fans will be down there. Based on this thread (in comparison to the Boston thread), it doesn't seem like there will be too many.

I agree...the stadium is definitely not a dump. As far as seats go, I prefer the right field bleachers...as close to the field as I can get. Stay out of the right field corner upper deck by the foul pole. Of course if you sit in the outfield it can be hard to see the scoreboard and video board as well. I have been to many games there over the last 1.5 years and have never had a problem with fans or anything, so that is cool to.

Since we're going to all three games, we figured we'd sit in the bleachers/outfield area for 2 games and splurge one night and get some of the more expensive seats. For those of you that have been there, what are the best places to sit? Any chance of getting seats near the Brewers dugout, or would they be season ticket holders? Which dugout is the visitors? Any chance of sitting in the Crawford boxes, or would those cost an arm and a leg? They all look reasonably priced, but that's assuming I can actually get some when they go on sale (and after the Red Sox fiasco, who knows....)

Archived