Brewer Fanatic

THT short article on Fielder

logan82

I thought it was interesting to see the other players taken in the first round the year Fielder was drafted.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/anatomy-of-a-player-prince-fielder/

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I have that pic saved to my computer. It's going to come in very useful someday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks for that find, logan - a great quick read. My favorite part:

"A few weeks later, I got to see Fielder play for the first time in person, ironically against the A's team containing several of the college players from the 2002 draft. I got to the stadium early that day and walked over to Prince, who had just hit his first home run in A-ball the night before. Up close, compared to his teammates, he looked like a man among boys. His arms were bigger than my thighs, but he didn't look fat-he just looked huge. I asked him to sign a ball and we chatted for a few minutes about the homer.

Fielder was over-matched that day and went one-for-five, but that one hit was sure memorable. It was a hot shot down the first base line. Okay, actually it was a jam job that trickled down the line, but the memorable part was Fielder's reaction. He bolted out of the box, busted his butt down the line and eked out the infield hit. This didn't seem like an overweight slugging machine; this was a guy who really cared about the game and played his heart out. The next night I was treated to a now-classic Fielder moon shot, opposite field just over the 355 sign. I was hooked. I had a new favorite player."

I laugh at you, Billy Beane.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived