Brewer Fanatic

WASH signs Johnny Estrada (1yr/1.25M)

Ennder

Awesome! The Nats can in fact get worse!

Enjoy watching John ground into a double play, while running in quick sand with a piano on his back Nats fan!

I don't think the Nats fans will see this too often. Someone needs to get on base for Johnny to hit into a double play.

I totally can see that Ennder, but could Davis plausibly be worse than Estrada?

I mean, could we have traded Davis for say, the back up in Cleveland, guy's name is escaping me. And wouldn't we have been better off?

yeah I'd rather have Shoppach.

I do think Estrada is better than he played last year when fully healthy. I'm glad he isn't on our team again but I doubt he is as miserable at the plate as he was in the 2nd half last year.

Davis posted a WHIP that was worse than Vargas or Suppan, neither of whom would be Brewers had they kept Davis. It's amazing he had as good a year as he did. Ennder is probably right that he benefitted from better defense. Of course it could well be argued that Davis at $22 million is better value than Suppan for $42 million.

But there was no guarantee Davis would have re-signed with the Brewers.

Archived