Brewer Fanatic

Dangerous Milwaukee/Killing of Miller Exec./Ramifications

molitor fan

I think murder rates are a useless way of evaluating crime levels simply because less and less people are dying as a result of gun shot wounds due to advancements in medicine.

No doubt that crime is a major problems in Milwaukee and I am very thankful that I live no where near a high crime area. And not to make this political but all the "anti snitching" policies and what not make me pretty sick. Its like these people in high crimes areas dont give a crap about the world they are raising thier kids in.

I think there are many facets that cause this problem. First of all the community leaders of the inner city do not act like true leaders. I'm talking about Junior and Senior McGee, Lee Halloway, Elizabeth Coggs - Jones, etc. Until leaders speak out against crime and actually do something about it instead of holding a rally at the site of shootings and saying how things are going to be different only to have another slain a few days later, the problem will say. Secondly children in the inner city are more likely to come from broken houses which really hinders them from growing up in a stable environment. When you grow up and never see your dad or he has 3 children with 3 different women, it can't be a good thing. Thirdly MPS does not help them. It may be that they just don't want to learn but there was a story in the paper a few weeks back that actually said there is a good number of high school freshman that have the reading ability of a 3rd grader. You are totally unemployable if that is the case and you will never get out of the inner city. Throw in the gang presence in the inner city and you see that as Russ said this is not a simple problem and children have been failed by so many people.

It seems that the lesser dregs of society procreate at a much much faster rater then more responsible people. It seems, as a non-parent that allot of the issues stem from horrible parenting. People who do not try to teach their kids some kind of morale compass and social contract, who let their kids roam the street. I'm not saying fantastic parents can't produce horrible children, or fantastic children do not come from horrible parents. But it seems like a lot has to do with crappy parenting.

How do you fix it? Got me. That's for smarter people to figure out.

I agree with what you said. Personally, I think some kind of licensing should be required for people to have children in this country.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It seems that the lesser dregs of society procreate at a much much faster rater then more responsible people. It seems, as a non-parent that allot of the issues stem from horrible parenting. People who do not try to teach their kids some kind of morale compass and social contract, who let their kids roam the street. I'm not saying fantastic parents can't produce horrible children, or fantastic children do not come from horrible parents. But it seems like a lot has to do with crappy parenting.

How do you fix it? Got me. That's for smarter people to figure out.

http://www.paragard.com

Science still hasn't figured out an easily reversible non-hormonal contraceptive device that can be inserted in men, but requiring one of these (non-hormonal, non-surgical so it is almost free of serious side effects unless someone has contraindications to copper) to be inserted in any woman in order to receive welfare/Medicaid will solve about half of the problems.

two people were arrested for the murder and just as i predicted, they were both gang bangers. The younger one was on probation for robbery....meaning he robbed someone and didn't go to jail. What makes a 21 and 17 year old shoot someone just because is absolutely beyond me.

Well, either that, or just quit giving the losers any welfare or support. I guess that makes too much sense, though.

But, if we did that, we wouldn't have as much reason to keep raising taxes. I'm pretty sure people don't want lower taxes.

Idiocracy is a great movie

And wow, eugenics. Really guys?

Well, either that, or just quit giving the losers any welfare or support. I guess that makes too much sense, though.

Right, let's keep *GIVING* money to people who don't use it effectively and reward them for breeding more thugs...

Wasn't the crazy psycho guy from Norway who shot up that school also down with Eugenics?

And who says that their parents are welfare receiving thugs spawns? Hell they could be the sons of Mike Holmgren.. all messed up on drugs.

I hope the family finds some solace in the arrest of the punks who did this.

What I'm curious about is if the declared targeting of the Latin Kings will do any good or is it PR? My initial reaction was "awright," followed immediately by a "now what." Also, how about the judges who put these thugs on the street. The 17 yr-old on probation for armed robbery and the 21 yr-old had an ankle bracelet after killing someone - and they are known gang bangers? Holy what in the wide, wide world of sports is a-goin' on here, batman!! Great, the next time the older one kills someone, at least we might know where to look.

I have opinions on the timing of this, etc., but this is a good thread and I don't want to cause it to veer off the road, so to speak - if I haven't already

"Stay on target, hoser."

This is the same gang that a few months ago shot two Milwaukee Police officers. I don't understand why we can't take every associate and put them in jail. Treat them like we treated the mob back in the 90's with that RICO statute which basically makes it illegal for someone to associate with a known criminal. There is no excuse for this gang to continue this in Milwaukee. I think we should ask the Feds for help.

Archived