Brewer Fanatic

Archive Talkin' Brewers with Jim Powell - 2/2/08 Edition

trwi7
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I caught the Doug Melvin tv interview this morning at 8:30 on the Time Warner (channel 32) sports show. Not sure how to find it again, but I do know they replay their shows usually.

That doesn't really help me since I don't get that station.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

I don't want to say riciculous, but its a lot... I'll be the first one to say that, but I'm not dumb, I'm not going to say no either. ... I play the game to get a ring. - (paraphrased) statement by Jason Kendall when asked if he was motivated more by winning now than by money.

You have to like an honest answer. It was a little after the 43 minute point in the first hour.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I have watched that interview on TWC sports ch 32. a couple times. I will agree with what molitor fan wrote. DM also said something like Yost doesn't want to hurt anyones feelings and that gets him in trouble. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was something to that extent.

molitor fan wrote:

Melvin said that Estrada was not regarded as a good game-caller for pitchers with marginal stuff - which to me signals Bush and Capuano, and harkens me back to the comment Estrada made about having a good relationship with the pitchers that contributed down the stretch.

I would include Suppan in the group of marginal stuff pitchers. I thought Suppan contributed down the stretch and he pitched to either Miller or Riveera for the last month and a half. Obviously he didn't pitch as well as either Gallardo or Villy.I do remember Estrada saying something about getting along with the young pitchers which I understood to mean Villy and Gallardo.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Stetter was incredibly impressive in the AFL. That is why I would be fairly confident in him as a 2nd loogy. I think he was just freaking out when he was with the Crew for that limited time. As long as he is only used against lefties, I like it. I think he would get annhilated against righties though

Archived